You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

Re: Would you lose respect for the band if they.................

JordanRose wrote:

Sure, I agree and let's be sensible, it's not going to happen officially anyway. Some of us would just like to hear it is all. Call me insane but my iTunes playcounts for the last 5 years have New Guns demos and live shit miles in front of everything else. I want to hear anything and everything.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I would love to see something like this included with the album. Especially if they didnt use it too much as a selling point. So if it was just a bonus thing, of course, I'd love to hear it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't see it as disrespectful at all. We all pretty much love the new renditions live, like Bucketheads
Nighttrain solo, or the 99 partial studio clip of SCOM (I love it anyway) I'd love to hear Jungle, Rocket
Queen, Knockin On Heavens Door and Mr. Brownstone by the new band in a recorded format.

Sky Dog wrote:

AFD was rerecorded prior to the year 2000....Bucket may not be on it. Actually, the band was Freese, Huge/Tobias, Axl, Dizzy, Robin, and Tommy. :sick:

Sky Dog wrote:

source 1999 interview with Loder...still one of Axl's most interesting interviews ever

Rose :
No, no, that's not true at all. In fact, actually, I have re-recorded "Appetite" and--

Loder :
You re-recorded "Appetite For Destruction?"

Rose :
Yes, I have.

Loder :
The whole album?

Rose :
Yes.

Loder :
Whoa.

Rose :
Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that.

Loder :
Who are the musicians who have re-recorded "Appetite?"

Rose :
Josh Freese on drums, Tommy Stinson on bass, Paul Tobias on guitar -- you guys know him as Paul Huge, that's how it's been written everywhere. It's Paul Tobias on guitar, and Robin Finck was on lead guitar, but that... that will stay on some of it. Robin's guitar will stay on some, but not all. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, exactly, when I would be putting that out. But you know, it has a lot of energy. Learning the old Guns songs and getting them up, you know, putting them on tape, really forced everybody to get them up to the quality that they needed to be at. Once the energy was figured out by the new guys, how much energy was needed to get the songs right, then it really helped in the writing and recording process of the new record.

Sky Dog wrote:

as for the question in the topic, I wouldn't mind hearing some if Bucket were on them. But, if it is just Finck and Tobias, I am really not interested at all. No way in hell they could even come close to Stradlin/Slash and AFD is a 100% guitar driven record.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, but he could have easily put the new guys on it as they came in. One of Youth's complaints
on why he left was because Axl wouldn't leave the re-recording of AFD alone.

Sky Dog wrote:

the problem is we NEVER heard about it again from Axl after Dec 1999 so we have no way of knowing what he did with it. I don't think any other musicians who have been involved in the band mentioned it either (past the Loder interview)....that is some detective work for Sic.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

wouldnt axl re record the re recorded album due to band members leaving tongue

Board footer