You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: AC/DC "Black Ice" Album and Tour Discussion

metallex78 wrote:

Regardless of new albums they put out, AC/DC have enough awesome songs in their back catalogue to make sure their live show will always kick ass. I'm definitely going to see them whenever they tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

AC/DC has always been ok.  A lot of their songs sound the same, but hey, if it works, you might as well go with it.  Are they bigger down under than they are here?

Hard to say...on one hand nothing is bigger down under....(wow now that's a quote for my tagline 16 ) because we have so few people in all of out cities...it's hard to put on massive gigs and stuff.

Also australia has a fine tradition of "Tall Poppy Syndrome" or cutting-down and bashing stars who become 'tallest' and most famous. But a funny thing happens - once you've been out there long enough - a kind of respect seems to eventually get through to the general population and the bashing stops. Happened to Kylie as well 16

Anyway...I think AC/DC are pretty well respected here as pioneers in the rock field...and just cos we love our own. I mean the changes in the music scene and the Idol/Timberland crowd exist everywhere...but I think many austrlaians would still have a soft spot for the Acca Dacca as people call them...

I totally agree with Metallex78 too - as much as they only usually have 2 or 3 good songs per album - because they have a ton of albums out now - and plenty of hits - a live show tends to be a VERY impressive setlist.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, AC/DC have been around long enough that while they were considered uncool at one stage, they seem to have gotten past that and are now regarded as rock legends.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Fuck yeah...i missed Ac/Dc live last time cos I was broke and assumed they'd be back...8 years out in the cold and i was worried i'd missed the chance...i'll be there for sure!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I think there's a preview of a song up on their myspace.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Axlin08 wrote:

That album cover is very un-inspired. A fan could do that with photoshop.

Very weak.

Its AC/DC! I don't think complex album covers were ever on the agenda!

I hope they play Slane!!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

For any USA fans on here...the chance to pre-order the album directly from the band (thus avoiding wallmart)....

http://acdc-preorder.shop.musictoday.co … 4359_14367

Sucks that I can't pre-order in australia yet when its an aussie band - but then I think it will be all over our CD shops and not exclusive or anything here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AxlsMainMan
 Rep: 1 

AxlsMainMan wrote:

Really dig the new song.

Board footer