You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Sebastian Bach - "there aren't 4 albums"

bazgnr wrote:

Well now that management and the record company are apparently closely involved - not to mention the looming possibility of a release date - the stakes are certainly higher, and it's understandable to for all parties to want to stop rumors from spreading at this point.  It seems a bit odd that Axl would wait this long to correct Bach and ask him to stop saying that, but it's also understandable (and long overdue, in my opinion).

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

To be honest, i couldn't see Axl letting Slash, Duff and Izzy all put their own touches on CD, and i couldn't see them accepting that. 

The only thing i could see, is maybe Izzy coming in and working on rythym parts for future albums (if there really are more planned for release). 

At this point, i don't think the songs will change too much, as we can tell from the first IRS that leaked to our current one.  Not a whole lot has been changed in these songs.  And not all of them have been improved (ie- Better).

Shackler's Revenge is the most modern sounding song we have, and even the core of that dates back to the late 90's.  Better + balls= Shackler's Revenge. 

As for Baz running his mouth, it's hilarious that Axl tells him to quit it, and he goes off and tells everyone that.  Maybe it's time to rethink the choice of friends....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Saikin wrote:

To be honest, i couldn't see Axl letting Slash, Duff and Izzy all put their own touches on CD, and i couldn't see them accepting that. 

The only thing i could see, is maybe Izzy coming in and working on rythym parts for future albums (if there really are more planned for release). 

At this point, i don't think the songs will change too much, as we can tell from the first IRS that leaked to our current one.  Not a whole lot has been changed in these songs.  And not all of them have been improved (ie- Better).

Shackler's Revenge is the most modern sounding song we have, and even the core of that dates back to the late 90's.  Better + balls= Shackler's Revenge. 

As for Baz running his mouth, it's hilarious that Axl tells him to quit it, and he goes off and tells everyone that.  Maybe it's time to rethink the choice of friends....

In Baz's defense, Axl didn't tell him to stop talking altogether.  He told him, WHEN he spoke about the album to not say it's 4 albums, it's only one.  He's giving him free reign to speak about him and the album, he just wants the correct information getting out there.

I couldn't see the old guys getting on CD either.  That wouldn't make any sense.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well, if Bach heard say 40 songs, that could be 4 albums if u do 10 songs a piece or he may have rounded up to 4.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Maybe Axl is doing the one album of his very best songs and then bowing to possible pressures to get a reunion underway? It could explain why he doesn't want to talk about 4 albums anymore, he gets this one and then goes back after the big pay cheque...just a thought.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

You never can take Baz's words for granted...it depends on whether he's sober or not...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You also don't know if Baz is saying that because 4 albums ARE coming out, and now Axl is telling him to shut up, because it could screw stuff up. They'd want to negotiate deals with every single album, which could take awhile.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So we know there's 4 albums worth of unfinished material. So what is the point in delayed releasing I wonder? Is it because 1/2 the songs are going to need another 5 years of work and so it makes sence to get something out to end the pain and keep the brand alive? Or is it some other idea. I doubt reviewers will be any kinder to a 2nd album than they would a first. I think the stigma will be with the band forever now. They would be better to just embrace it and move on!

Sky Dog wrote:

we don't KNOW anything except that Axl gave a song to a video game. If any song needs 5 years to be created or worked on, then it needs to be scrapped.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

we don't KNOW anything except that Axl gave a song to a video game. If any song needs 5 years to be created or worked on, then it needs to be scrapped.

YEah i guess we don't know for sure...although we know baz has heard a lot of songs, and that axl has in the past said there are lots of songs in various stages of develpoment. Not sure I agree about the need to scrap stuff though....wasn't YCBM and NR written years before UYI? And it would be the end of any of the leaks....don't most of them date from 99ish....

Board footer