You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Slash's Reaction to GN'R leaker!!!!

mickronson wrote:

I think its laughable you all know what Slash can and cant do..
none of you know jack shit, really.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

People are retarded. Slash is one of the greatest guitarist ever and saying he can't play a generic TWAT solo is just humorous and ridiculous.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

i love twat, seriously.. but sayin that solo is beyond slash is just crazy..cuz it aint all that special..people have conveniently forgotten the solos that slash has done that have ripped the shit out twat.. and why?  basically cuz i think people wanna hear something new so badly they`ll grab onto any and every leak and make it out to be something  biblical..

as for shredding, slash can shred, but chooses to play something a bit more creative..  and i guess from another thread.. as far as Slash not being up to scratch post gnr.. i happen to think his solo on Street Child is fkin awesome.. I love the song as a whole too

i wont even mention slither, FTP, YGNR, Mean Bone, Back to the moment, among others..

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

I think one important thing that hasn't been touched on is that Slash is now a dad.  Sure, he admits in his book that he is a clepto.  But now, he has kids who will eventually read what he says so he is going to say things that set a good example.

Just my opinion.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

This thread is getting out of hand, its good to see that we now have our share of bitter Slash bashers - maybe we should let that other site know so they can come and spew their nonsense here as well.

OK, Slash nicked a few records to learn guitar from when he was a teen or whatever. You should probably thank him because if he didnt you probably wouldnt have a GNR website to complain about him on.

I suppose that none of you guys that bash him downloaded the leaks?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah everybody downloads movies or music or has stolen something in their lives get off your high horses

anyway it all comes down to that some of the mystery is now gone because 11 tracks are in circulation...so the purchasers buying for interests sakes have dropped i'm sure...contraband prolly made its fortune off of the curious

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

This thread is getting out of hand, its good to see that we now have our share of bitter Slash bashers - maybe we should let that other site know so they can come and spew their nonsense here as well.

OK, Slash nicked a few records to learn guitar from when he was a teen or whatever. You should probably thank him because if he didnt you probably wouldnt have a GNR website to complain about him on.

I suppose that none of you guys that bash him downloaded the leaks?

Huh? You totally are missing the point, mainly because your beloved Slash is getting tried and hanged for what he said.

Because he's a fucking hypocrite.

Slash is saying that downloading material is wrong and illegal, and yet he stole albums from stores back in the day, which is WORSE.

We downloaded UNRELEASED leaks, and NONE OF US are judging each other. The only person giving us a hard time is SLASH. Even Axl hasn't even given us a hard time, and it's fucking AXL.

You're trying to turn the argument back around on us, and that's fine... but the difference is we didn't open up our fat mouths. Slash did.

Most everyone here, and across the galaxy have hoped they go easy on Cogill, just because we're not nazis.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Slash is not judging downloaders or giving us fans so get off your high horse. He condemned what Cogill did. I am not going to condemn Cogill myself, but the argument that Slash stealing some records from a record store is worse than what Cogill did is absolutely ludicrous. Both Slash and Cogill were wrong under the law, but Cogills actions has a much wider impact than Slash stealing some records. Cogill's stunt could theoretically cost the band and record company millions of dollars. People like Cogill have a huge hand in the record industry's demise and people like him cause more harm to mom & pop record stores than Slash did.

It's also a joke to call Slash a hypocrite. Are you saying that he is always and forever labelled a thief because of what he did when he was young and stupid? Are you saying that he can't change his opinions on stealing now that he is fully grown man who is much wiser than when he stole as a kid? That's garbage. We all pull stupid shit when we're kids that we would never do as much older and wiser adults. That doesn't make someone a hypocrite.  It means they've grown up. Slash is just an entitled to his opinion as anyone else.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Great Post...that's exactly what i'd been trying to say!

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

James Lofton wrote:

I do find it interesting that he immediately jumps to the defense of Axl.

i noticed that too and thought it was really cool.

Board footer