You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Duff McKagan "Live Through This"

BLS-Pride wrote:

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan was featured on the Fuse TV program called "Live Through This" which explores the true stories of rock stars that hit rock bottom and then climbed back to the top. The show, which premiered on Saturday, August 23, can be viewed in three parts below.

A desription of the program reads as follows: "Some people like a drink now and then. Other people drink until their pancreas explodes. Former GUNS N' ROSES rocker Duff McKagan is one of the latter. Duff survived the organsplosion, but was warned that he'd be dead within the month if he didn't stop the drinking. This episode follows Duff's descent into addiction and the life-changing emergency that brought him back from the brink."

LOADED, the band formed by Duff McKagan (on guitar and vocals) after he left GUNS N' ROSES, will release a five-song EP entitled "Wasted Heart" on September 22 via Century Media Records. A new full-length album will follow in early 2009. The sessions with producer Martin Feveyear are progressing well and they band already has several new tracks ready '” "Roll Away", "Forgive Me", "Sick", "No More", "Southern Girl", "No Shame" and "Translucent".

Commented McKagan: "We are truly looking forward to this partnership with Century Media. I am encouraged that they indeed understand the spirit and integrity of LOADED. This first EP should shed some light on who we are, what we do and how the fuck we do it!"

A new LOADED song entitled "No More" is available for streaming on the band's MySpace page.

"These are purely my songs," McKagan told Billboard.com. "It's probably more derivative of my earlier years of punk rock. It's a good rock 'n' roll band. It's fun, is what it is. There's no real business and no real drama. I'm really into no drama right now," he adds, noting Scott Weiland's recent rancorous departure from VELVET REVOLVER.

In addition to McKagan, LOADED features drummer Geoff Reading (GREEN APPLE QUICK STEP), bassist Jeff Rouse (VENDETTA RED, ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE) and guitarist Mike Squires (ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE).

LOADED will embark on a European tour in September. Support on the UK/Ireland portion of the trek will come from THE LOYALTIES.

LOADED was formed in 1999 and has morphed several times, releasing two albums: 1999's "Live Episode" and 2001's "Dark Days".

Part one:

Part two:

Part three:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Duff McKagan "Live Through This"

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great video clips.  Duff is cool, glad he made it through.

Board footer