You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: Another theory as to why the the ball is in the record company's hands

PaSnow wrote:

If there's negotiations going on (Axl wants to renogotiate) that's another thing, but even then that wouldn't mean it was handed in. Every years it's the same BS with this band.

Exactly.

We had to wait through 10 years of excuses just to hear recording was complete. Now it looks like the excuses for the next decade will be "how to release it". It's all just another bullshit smokescreen. The only hold up is Axl handing this album in. Nothing else. It's all about his insecurities over the material, his band or both. I'm not buying for 1 second that the record company has it and now they are delaying it. roll

I bet anything that we go through 2008 without a release date, single, or album. In fact, I bet Axl doesn't even make serious mention of this album again until he plans on taking his band back on tour. At that point, he'll start his "soon" shit again in an attempt to sell his concert tickets.

bba

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

I honestly believe that anyone that thinks this record is actually coming out, is going to be let down.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

At this moment in time I agree Russ, I guess you always just pick the next year when the current one is no longer viable, however as of now if it's true that the balls in the labels court 08 should certainly be the year. The lable have plenty of time to decide how to do this properly the wait buys them time, if we've waited 15 years another few months to drop it exactly when they want won't kill anyone. My guess is they'd aim for summer 08 but we'll see.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

At this moment in time I agree Russ, I guess you always just pick the next year when the current one is no longer viable, however as of now if it's true that the balls in the labels court 08 should certainly be the year. The lable have plenty of time to decide how to do this properly the wait buys them time, if we've waited 15 years another few months to drop it exactly when they want won't kill anyone. My guess is they'd aim for summer 08 but we'll see.

I'm thinking Spring... like March/April maybe.

I know this much, even though people think the time has come and gone for this album to succeed, I don't. I do however think it's do or die in 08.

oh, if i had a nickle.... 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I personally don't think there's any do or die timeline anymore.

Theres only so much bad press that GNR will get. What i mean is - anyone who wants to rag on Axl for taking ages already has enough ammo - as they can just go on about the delay since the mid-ninties. Anyone who wants to get harsher can bring up the 2002 'promices' (or implications) that there'd be an album.

The way i see it - if Axl can resurface in 2000/1/2 with a totally new band after being absent for years on end, have a different voice (at the time), cancel a bunch of shows and then disapear off the earth again for years. He can do that - then reappear in 2006 to rave reviews, general media interest and good publicity and a resiliant fan base.

I'm not saying this shit to rag on axl, i'm saying as a band GNR has already seen some shit, missing a tentative date by a year or 2 at the this point does no further harm.

I feel that people who would loose respect for him cos of a wait would have lost interest long ago. If anything for the general public the wait adds interest - as it makes the record have a lot more mystique and adds a lot of magic and persona to its eventual release.

So from my perspective...theres going to be zero difference in like a 2007, 08 or 09 release. Even if some of the nuts like us that post about this stuff bail and loose interest...i'd say we'd still go get the CD during the meida blitz when it finally comes out just for old times sake!

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

russtcb wrote:

I'm thinking Spring... like March/April maybe.

I know this much, even though people think the time has come and gone for this album to succeed, I don't. I do however think it's do or die in 08.

I honestly think alot of you guys are just digging for anything at all now.  16

Aside from Mysteron and Baz saying so, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this album is even remotely close to coming out, if at all. Mysteron is a guy who is always very vague and never gives any real information, and Baz is an attention seeker trying to promote his own album. Sorry, but I can't see putting any stock into anything that either of them have to say.

Axl doesn't mention the album, his bandmates aren't allowed to discuss it, no promotion whatsoever, and there is no indication that they are getting ready to tour again anytime soon. All very telling signs if you ask me.

bba

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer