You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Lay Your Cards on the Line

monkeychow wrote:

Its possbile follow up albums would be fast because:

1. The business issues that held up CD vol 1 would be resolved. (eg name rights/ label BS - whatever it is!)
2. Theres a lot of existing material already so we are told
3. The band has a functioning line up now.

Seems like a lot of the time wasted previously was revolving around one or more of those factors which are all resolved.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

If we get one moderately successful CD, we will get two in quick order. I agree with Monkey, the details for any future releases are probably the main hold up-who owns the leftover material and can Axl get a new deal for those tracks. Or, does Axl only wanna give them Chinese then leave Uni. Alot of potential negotiating. However, ultimately, it is no excuse. Axl has had a decade to get his business plan together!

ps think about it, he was talking about a three album release plan in 2002....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

curro
 Rep: 7 

curro wrote:

1. Who broke up the old band?
c. Fate-in other words, simply too much success too soon.

2. Do you want a reunion before Chinese Democracy-all original members only?
a. Yes.

3. What is holding up Chinese Democracy?
c.Axl is not happy with the material.

4. If it is business matters, who is at fault?
a. Axl's perfectionism or his inability to finish the job.

5. Assume Chinese is a smashing success, after all the current material is released, would you still want a reunion of the original band?
a. Yes.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

I wonder were the truth lies? As the saying goes, "the truth ALWAYS lies somehere in the middle"....ponder peeps ponder! smile

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

c, b, b, b, b

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

1. It's not that black and white
2. If there's a reunion, CD won't happen, and the release of CD will steal a lot of steam from any future reunion
3. Once again, not that black and white.  It's a huge big pot of cluster fuck boiling up somewhere.  In other words, i would have to say it's part Axl, part members leaving, part business that's holding it up.
4. Once again, i would say both.  Axl wants more than the label is giving him, or vice versa. 
5. It would steal a lot of steam from it, because we would now have a new solidified version of GNR out there, then to just bring back the old guys, and go, "So the last decade was a joke, these guys are the TRUE GNR".  While people would kill, others wouldn't go to see.  Their success wouldn't be as great as it would be if they reunited tomorrow.  However, i would want a reunion.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I consider me and James logic similar on alot of things. Some would call it negative.... others realistic.

Comparing yourself to James now?  Then why is his rep up in the 20's, and yours is negative if people both view you as realistic?

Board footer