You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

you have all lost your mind....

I agree.  I can't believe we're actually going over this.  Someone said it before, why does every thread turn into a reunion thread?  Some people refuse to let that die when there's NO evidence that it's gonna happen.  You try to convince yourselves all you want that Axl has Slash on speed dial (or in his fave 5 to get with the times) and has his finger on the button ready to make the call.  I just don't see it happening.  Not sure why so many of you are so certain it's gonna happen.  And don't try to explain it to me because none of the arguments or reasons I've read have made any sense.  It's all baseless pipe dreams.

Sky Dog wrote:

thank you.....not saying a reunion will never happen, but I am alot more excited by the fact that after 14 years, we could actually get an album in 6 weeks. Who shows up to tour after that, I don't really care as long as either Tommy or Izzy is involved.:beer:

it would be so funny if/when the album is released that every song had been re-recorded by the old band 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Every CD thread turns into a reunion discussion, because people have reunion fever.

Plus I think the reason it's a major discussion right now, is all of the signs point to the new band being history. The album MIGHT be coming out, finally, but there doesn't seem to be this "accept new GN'R. The new band" attitude that there was in 2002. Axl's got two fake CD world tours under his belt, one a failed one (2002), and the NA tour in 2006 nearly fell apart due to half-full arenas and lack of interest.

People ask "why does every CD thread turn into a reunion discussion?", because for the FIRST TIME EVER, a reunion discussion actually plays into the current or non-current goings on in Guns. It plays into CD's release. All signs point to the new band being 'broken up' or 'let go' (depending on how you look at it), VR is not anchoring themselves down for any long term plans and VR has been at a stand-still since Weiland's firing/departure, Irving Azoff who's recent accomplishments have been a reunited Eagles and a reunited David Lee Roth/Eddie Van Halen - Van Halen, is now managing Guns

I'm not saying a reunion is happening in the immediate future. What i'm saying is, the new band WILL NOT tour to support this album. Nothing is leaning to that. Not in 2008. Not in 2009, and even if it were in the 2009, at this point it'd be summer at the earliest, and you don't wait A HALF YEAR, to go out and support an album that's been out since November 2008. The ship will have sailed.

Azoff is not going to sit back and manage a "50% profitable Guns N' Roses". He won't do it. I'm telling you. He will tell Axl to get on board or fuck off.

GN'R have two tours (in six years time), one a failed one, and the NA tour in 2006 was dicey. How many more times do you guys think new-GN'R are going to score promoters for half-full arenas? Be able to afford to book 20,000 seat arenas, that are not returning revenue because they are 1/3 to 1/2 full?

They won't.

New-GN'R will become a studio only act (not out of the realm of possibilities as long as they can prove they can at least go platinum, and I say plat because they still owe Geffen some serious ass money), but more likely with ALL the money that would be on the table, they'd talk turkey on a reunion.

Is it baseless pipe dreams? With a new band that only exists on a rotating roster of hired employees... if that's the negative way you want to look at a potential reunion (of an actual BAND) faldor, go ahead. "Seems to me you're wasting your own goddamn time though..." - W. Axl Rose.

The label, as well as Azoff are going to want to MAXIMIZE profits for CD. Only way to do that is a reunion. They know it. Axl knows it. We know it. My dog knows it. Irving Azoff has a HISTORY (look it up) of NOT working with artists who minimalize or half-ass their status when money is involved. He's fired high-profile artists before for those reasons. He's pushing for a reunion, RIGHT NOW, if it isn't already in the prep stages.

If you truely think we are no where close to a reunion. If you truely believe that, all i'm telling you is after CD is released, brace yourself for this headline - "Music heavyweight, Irving Azoff, fires Guns N' Roses"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

When do you guys think we'll be able to pre-order CD on bestbuy.com?

Sky Dog wrote:

Axlin08, you can write till you are blue in the face, but face it, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. None of us do.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

lol, there will always be people saying a reunion is bound to happen despite the fact that it obvious Axl would never ever let it happen while Chinese Democracy/other new material is in the pipeline/ being worked on.

There doesn't have to be evidence.... it just "makes sense" apparently. And I know I have a condeseding tone, it just gets old after awhile, there's nothing pointing to it besides your hope that it happens. I remember when the band started touring in 2006 there were rumors the original GNR would reunite at the rolling stones show that got cancelled. Why? Because Slash and Duff were apparently in Europe around the same time, and "why would the new GNR open for The Stones?"

There will always be reunion hopes (not even rumors) when GNR starts to do anything. Can it happen eventually? Sure. But at least wait until something besides you hoping the planets align pops up in the rumor mill before telling us Axl can't wait to get the old band back together. I could just as easily make up a "possible" situation for Buckethead coming back along with Robin and Tommy/Brain that "makes sense" but it doesn't mean I'm basing it off anything.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Again back on the topic of CD being released.  Anyone can guess when we'll be able to pre-order CD on BB's site?

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Slash was rumored to be at the Hammerstein shows too.

Board footer