You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

any tour is for money.  thats how bands make money and earn a living.   

the difference is, a reunion would be a bunch of guys who don't like each other, sucking it up and touring for the money.   with GnR, these guys have amazing chemistry, Axl gets along with them, they are making music together (whether or not its released, they've been making music together), and there is no need to break that up to let guys back in the band who either fucked up and don't deserve to be in the band, or choose to sign their rights away and abandon the band.

1.) The current lineup is a revolving door of guys who go on tour and cover another band's material for the money. They most certainly can't be touring because of all the music they are releasing.

2.) Is it chemistry these new guys have or a contract ?

3.) So, you think it's cool that these guys make music together but don't release it ?  Uh ?

4.) There's no reason to break up a revolving door of musicians who go on tour to play 90% cover songs, vice hearing the band that actually created those songs ?

5.) Last time I heard, they signed their rights away in order to keep the band togther. Not sure what you heard.

bba

touring and releasing albums dont' have to have anything to do with each other.   i go to a GnR show to enjoy seeing the band live, and that is 100% independent off whether or not there is an album.

its chemistry.  they put on the best shows i've ever seen.

i wish they would release it, someday it will get released, but yes its cool that they make music together because they are great musicans and they've made great music so far.

i dont give a fuck who created the songs.    that has nothing to do with how they sound live and seeing the band live.

i dont give a fuck what their reasoning was for signing their rights away, they still did it.   then they walked out.   their own fault, i dont care..   

its pretty stupid to come to a board everyday for a band you dont' like and to troll for something thats been gone for so many years and has almost zero chance of happening in the forseeable future.   maybe you should start your own 'gnr reunion fantasy' board where you can live in your alternate reality.  some people have too much free time on their hands.

bringbackadler

touring and releasing albums dont' have to have anything to do with each other.   i go to a GnR show to enjoy seeing the band live, and that is 100% independent off whether or not there is an album.

All you nu era diehards say this bs. Seriously, how many more years will you keep buying into that ?

its chemistry.  they put on the best shows i've ever seen.

That's your opinion, and you are most certainly entitled to it. I enjoy their shows, but I would prefer the real deal.

i wish they would release it, someday it will get released, but yes its cool that they make music together because they are great musicans and they've made great music so far.

I wish that they would release it someday too.

i dont give a fuck who created the songs.    that has nothing to do with how they sound live and seeing the band live.

Again, that's your opinion and you are most certainly entitled to it. Me personally, I prefer the real thing over coverbands.

i dont give a fuck what their reasoning was for signing their rights away, they still did it.   then they walked out.   their own fault, i dont care..

I know you don't care about the reasoning. That would mean you would have to admit Axl's fault.

its pretty stupid to come to a board everyday for a band you dont' like and to troll for something thats been gone for so many years and has almost zero chance of happening in the forseeable future.   maybe you should start your own 'gnr reunion fantasy' board where you can live in your alternate reality.  some people have too much free time on their hands.

Stay out of the VR & Reunion section at htgth. Quit opening account after account at mygnr, and then come back and talk to me about having too much time on my hands.

bba

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My problem is I want everything.

I really liked the leaks of the new songs. They're awesome songs - and i BADLY want studio versions of them and to hear what else exists on these 4 albums.

At the same time - Axl and Slash together - maybe they don't get on - but musically to me that mix can never be topped - they are both such a perfect foil and showcase for the talents of the other.

bringbackadler wrote:

Stay out of the VR & Reunion section at htgth. Quit opening account after account at mygnr, and then come back and talk to me about having too much time on my hands.

bba

you're telling me what to do on boards you are banned from? 14   what do you care about htgth?  they dont want you there.   I haven't had an account on mygnr in like 6 months and you are banned there.. so again, what do you care?   Is this your way to ignore the fact that you troll this site on a daily basis and antagonize anyone who you consider an 'axlite'?

what i dont like is the fact that its impossible to have a thread on this board without you coming in and telling us how much you think it sucks or how much you miss the old band.   this a fan board and it would be cool if we could actually have threads about them without these same stupid arguments you want to have.   I dont post in the VR section here, I'll respect that some of you are VR fans and want to talk about your love for the band without people pissing on it.

bringbackadler

what i dont like is the fact that its impossible to have a thread on this board without you coming in and telling us how much you think it sucks or how much you miss the old band.   this a fan board and it would be cool if we could actually have threads about them without these same stupid arguments you want to have.   I dont post in the VR section here, I'll respect that some of you are VR fans and want to talk about your love for the band without people pissing on it.

Get a grip, jimmy.

I don't remember coming into any thread and saying that it sucks. I've said that I think most of Baz's new songs suck because IMO, they do. This isn't a Baz forum. As far as I know, being a Baz ballswinger isn't a requirement for being welcomed here.

This is a REUNION THREAD. If you don't feel like discussing a reunion, then stay out of the thread. If YOU don't feel like hearing what Slash has to say in the Slash's book thread, then stay out of the thread. How hard is that ? What other thread besides these two am I talking about a reunion in ? Point them out. The mods allowed these 2 threads in the NU section. Take it up with them if you have a problem. 

bba

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Jim and BBA.

End the side discussion. Stick to the topic at hand without bashing a band member or stupid bullshit that you know will start problems in the thread. PM each other if you guys want to continue this discussion. You both have points on posting habits in certain threads. You both are guilty in that some way or another so just start posting with a cooler head. Post your opinion about the topic and if there is no real need to bring up the old band or something negative against Slash then don't do it. If you know going into the thread you have no interest in then don't post in it if you don't have something to add and just want to bash. The staff will have to come into play if this shit doesn't end. This could be easily ended before that. You both are good posters and believe strongly in your opinions and you won't change them so keep that in mind when you post, if you want to debate on the topic thats fine but do it the right way and not negative useless bullshit.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I remain amazed that this debate has so much energy still in it after so many years. The name 'Guns N Roses' sure generates passion.  Thanks to all who have contributed so far. I can see both sides of the argument here as I've seen and enjoyed both versions of the band live several times.
I still don't get why people have to be so nasty to each other, none of us are being paid by Axl or Slash to do so, none of us even know them.
I also want CD then the old band playing new material. I love Axl's voice with Slash's guitar tone, it's a unique combo that I have not found an equal to yet.

Pride&Glory wrote:

Jim and BBA.

End the side discussion. Stick to the topic at hand without bashing a band member or stupid bullshit that you know will start problems in the thread. PM each other if you guys want to continue this discussion. You both have points on posting habits in certain threads. You both are guilty in that some way or another so just start posting with a cooler head. Post your opinion about the topic and if there is no real need to bring up the old band or something negative against Slash then don't do it. If you know going into the thread you have no interest in then don't post in it if you don't have something to add and just want to bash. The staff will have to come into play if this shit doesn't end. This could be easily ended before that. You both are good posters and believe strongly in your opinions and you won't change them so keep that in mind when you post, if you want to debate on the topic thats fine but do it the right way and not negative useless bullshit.

Well posted and I suggest that the advice is taken here, posting opposing opinions is fine, posting opinions in an attacking or trolling way is not fine and isn't going to be tolerated from this point on.

This is the end of this disscussion, if this continues the thread is going to be locked.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

I would love for there to be a reunion, and i still have hope that it will happen. VR will disband and GnR will be placed in the Hall of Fame, which hopefully will lead to at least one live performance, maybe a mini-tour, and maybe even a full blown reunion.

Axl/Slash is the greatest team in music history. they are my all-time favorite front man and guitarist. and more importantly, they bring out the best in each other.

so in my ideal world, the original band would be back together. they are not, so i will take what i can get. i will see this band live every chance i get. i am looking forward to hearing CD and the follow-ups. but it has nothing to do with the other members. if one or more of the current members was replaced (as has happended a few times before), my interest would remain the same.

since Axl was and is the primary writer of GnR's music, i have high hopes for the new music. But there is no doubt in my mind that the new music would be significantly better if slash was still playing lead.

Board footer