You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

Saikin wrote:
mickronson wrote:

www.bumblefoot.com : "The wacky solos on this one are all Buckethead kickin' ass.  I played fretless rhythm guitar, all the low sliding stuff panned left and right throughout the song."

When i heard BH come on, i smiled.  It's nice to know he will be all over this fucking record. 

Buzzsaw, way to drag down the party.  I can't think of a better song to open this album than CD.  They needed something with balls.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the reason that it may be successful is its simplicity...average music listeners are more apt to get stuck on something like this thats why grunge was so big the riff gets stuck in your head...especially since stations are playing it every hour on the hour...peopel will grow fond of it out of repetativeness alone

as fopr staying on the station long enough well its new gnr alot of peopel will be curious to stay tuned until the music kicks in....i'm sure once the hhype dies down they will do a radio edit with the front clipped

OK - your spelling is brutal.  16

Seriously, I don't hear a riff that could get stuck in anyone's head.  I don't think people are going to flock to it - not new listeners at least.  Maybe fans of the old band, but when I talk to my nieces (17 and 21) about GnR, they call it oldies.  That generation doesn't care about GnR with the exception of a few here and there.  That isn't going to be good enough, not for the expectations they are trying to build.  The world has not been waiting for Axl Rose to release CD no matter what Best Buy or GnR management try to tell us.

There had to be a better option than this...there had to be.

I disagree.  CD is a kickass song.  And it should appeal to all fans of rock n roll.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, CD is pretty rockin'. Way better than that gay ass record Appetite For Destruction.

Yeah, buzz I can be stupid too.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, CD is pretty rockin'. Way better than that gay ass record Appetite For Destruction.

Yeah, buzz I can be stupid too.

No one's going to like this song!  It will be a disaster.

That's why my local radio (pretty anti-GNR in terms of what music they play) have played it every hour since it was released this morning.  But no one likes it.  Not at all. 

My friends just called or text me today to tell me i was right and that the new material sounds amazing, but no one likes it.  16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not catchy... lmao.

What a dumbass.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I've still not heard the fucker on radio yet, couldn't beleive my eyes when I checked the news this morning. How weird does it feel to know new GNR is being played on the radio and it's not some stupid demo of IRS that some unknown Alaskan radio station is taking a risk on playing 16 GNR's back baby!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's not catchy... lmao.

What a dumbass.

c;mon now lets not resort to that everyone has an opinion

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Funny aneccdote to lighten the mood a little:

I just talked to my friend and told him what GNR had on their website.  I told him about the date and the countdown and told him they have the single streaming.

He asked me, "What's the single then"- this is AFTER he text me this morning to tell me GNR's new single Chinese Democracy is being played on the radio.  16

Sky Dog wrote:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … r-has.html

pretty great review from a big industry writer in a large publication

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And buzzsaw, of all fuckin' days for you to pull this negative shit. You don't like the song, we get it, we know, we've known, so BUG OFF to the past GN'R section.

Who the fuck died and made you boss?  I'm entitled to an opinion just as much as you are and last I checked, I'm free to post any relevant comment in any section of this site that I please.  If it deserves a negative comment, it gets a negative comment.  Believe me, I'm biting my tongue in a lot of cases.  This whole situation is nowhere near as good as you guys are making it out to be, but I'll let you have your day in the sun.

I don't appreciate you giving negative karma for stating a valid opinion as though I'm just posting to cause trouble.  Guess what?  This song IS NOT getting glowing reports from everybody, so stop fooling yourself into thinking it was some magical song selection.  It isn't that good and was a poor song choice for a first single.  Hell, I should be happy about that according to you, but I'm not.

GnR fans from the boards are being told to go to different sites to support the song "we need positive reviews on this" is what one site said...how fucking credible is that?  No shit people are claiming they like it...almost every one of them had heard the song already and were told to go post there.  What happens today means NOTHING.  New cars get old, some faster than others.  Let's talk after the album comes out and the old material outsells CD.  With CD being a BB exclusive, I'm willing to bet that's exactly what happens.  We're the only people dragging ourselves to BB to buy it...sorry to break that news to you.

Board footer