You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the song hasn't been out long enough to make it on any of these rock charts. These various request lines/shows don't count. Lets wait to see the real charts.

You're right. But even if it does end up being number 1 buzz is just going to say it doesn't count because people were requesting it And that's not fair! CHEATERS! 16

It's usually 1 1/2- 2 weeks for some charts.

Ummm...for the first few days or the first week, that's a completely fair statement.  Just because it doesn't fit your agenda doesn't make it any less valid.  people from the internet are obviously flooding stations with requests.  That's going to happen initially, but eventually they will stop doing it.  If the song fails in spite of the false publicity of being number one or two early, I'd say that's a pretty telling indication of what the general public thinks of the song, wouldn't you?  Or is that being unfair in some way?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Agenda? I was just giving you shit, man. I don't know why you make this such a big deal. It really doesn't matter to me if its a hit or not... I would like it to be big for the band's sake, but you're the one who seems to have an agenda.

Why can't you just be happy that they're doing good so far? If it ends up tanking I will have no probem saying its a failure.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Everybody gives me shit.  I expect it...sometimes to the point that sometimes people aren't giving me shit and I read it as though they are.  I don't expect to be a popular figure, I don't want to be a popular figure.  I make it (and everything else) such a big deal because for as long as I can remember, Guns N' Roses has been my favorite band...my ONLY favorite band.  Everything that happens matters to me, therefore, it is a big deal to me.

My "agenda" is getting the truth and/or at least a dose of reality out there.  That's it.  I don't want the album to fail, I don't want the single to fail.  I also don't want to pretend everything is going well if it isn't. 

There were quite a few people that seemed to be interested in updating these lists daily, but there have been little to no updates from people that have visited the site.  Why is that?  That's all I'm asking.  Maybe they are just visiting and don't have time to update their lists, maybe the lists aren't showing what they expected, maybe they (like you) don't really care where it appears on the lists.  I don't know, so I'm asking the question.  I believe it to be a reasonable question even if nobody answers.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, if it came across that I was "picking on you" I apologize for that. I was just teasing with you by giving you shit. It does strike me that you take things much more personal when it comes to GNR than most people on this board and that sometimes your 'trying to find the truth' is based in trying to find the negative in every apsect. And I'm very wary about using the negative tag because that was thrown at me a lot. But there does come a point when every single subject you post on (nuGNR related) is just bogged down with negativity. I think this is a pretty damn fair board and with a true critical eye. I don't know, man... Maybe I'm wrong. But I'll try to be more open to your posts in the future and try to view it less negative and more that you're trying to be realistic... But I got to say, so far I haven't seen that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

First of all, I didn't have a problem with your post mrID, or anybody's posts that attack my point of view.  The only ones that bother me are the personal attacks and/or stalking posters that can't attack my posts, so they attack me instead.  I encourage anybody to rip apart my "negative" thoughts with well thought out comments and actual proof that I am wrong.  I welcome being wrong in this case.

A heavy dose of negative is needed to even try to balance things out.  The outlook everywhere (here less than other places) is so rediculously optimistic that it's boardering on lunacy.  I get that people are happy and I'm totally cool with that.  I'm happy, but very cautiously optimisitc.  These people that are coming in and saying "everybody loves it" or "I've yet to hear anybody say anything bad about CD" are either full of crap or they are being lied to (just as anybody that says everybody hates it is). 

I know it sounds crazy, but having someone that thinks as I do helps keep the balance more in line with what it should be.  I give people something to think about - they may not agree, but most people will pause and consider what I said.  It may not change their mind, but it might give them a different perspective and help them see that maybe it isn't quite as positive as people are making it out to be.  So yes, I can see where in a vaccum I could be considered negative...I like to think of it as providing balance.  I may be just as wrong in some cases as the overly positive crowd with my "doom and gloom" point of view, but as usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle.  I'm not always 100% right, but I'm very rarely wrong.  There's almost always ultimately some truth to what I say (even when I'm not 100% right), but not everybody wants to see it.  Some people get wayyyyyy too caught up on me and not what I have to say...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my station's top 9 @ 9 it stayed up there all weekend but hasnt hit #1 yet. Ontario has always been a good area for GnR though...but AC/DC is always bigger for some damn reason cuz i fucking hate'em 17

HTZ FM Top 9 @ 9
#1 AC/DC - Rock & Roll Train
#2 Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy
#3 Disturbed - Indestructable
#4 Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
#5 Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend
#6 Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
#7 The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid 
#8 Rise Against - Re-Education
#9 Hinder - Use Me

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

...These people that are coming in and saying "everybody loves it" or "I've yet to hear anybody say anything bad about CD" are either full of crap or they are being lied to (just as anybody that says everybody hates it is)....

I am neither full of crap nor being lied to for the record. People I talk to have no problem sharing their honest opinion with me and they all like it.

OK.  I stand by my statement.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

here is the weekly top 30 at another local station 102.1 the edge but this is from oct 16 - oct 23 so it missed it cuz it only had just come out by the time this list did...i will keep an eye on it for thursday

for Thursday, October 23, 2008:

1   Kings of Leon '¢ Sex on Fire
2   Weezer '¢ Troublemaker
3   The Offspring '¢ You're Gonna Go Far Kid
4   Rise Against '¢ Re-Education (Through Labor)
5   Oasis '¢ The Shock Of The Lightning
6   M.I.A. '¢ Paper Planes
7   Billy Talent '¢ Turn Your Back
8   Coldplay '¢ Viva La Vida
9   The Stills '¢ Being Here
10   Metallica '¢ The Day That Never Comes
11   City And Colour '¢ Sleeping Sickness
12   The Killers '¢ Human
13   Mobile '¢ The Killer
14   One Day As A Lion '¢ Wild International
15   Nine Inch Nails '¢ Discipline
16   Foo Fighters '¢ Let It Die
17   Apocalytica ft. Adam Gontier '¢ I Don't Care 
18   Bedouin Soundclash '¢ Until We Burn In The Sun (The Kids Just Want A Love Song)
19   Beast '¢ Mr. Hurricane
20   Tokyo Police Club '¢ Graves
21   Linkin Park '¢ Given Up
22   Sloan '¢ Believe in Me
23   Die Mannequin '¢ Saved By Strangers
24   Disturbed '¢ Inside the Fire
25   Nine Inch Nails '¢ 1,000,000
26   The Offspring '¢ Hammerhead
27   MGMT '¢ Time To Pretend
28   The Flatliners '¢ This Respirator
29   Weezer '¢ Pork And Beans
30   Nickleback '¢ Gotta Be Somebody

but they do have an area where you can vote on the track and leave a message...it seems to have mostly positive reviews..check it out

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogE … D=10011679

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Didnt make the cut at the local variety rock station but has an area where you can listen to it stream online - i will check this weekend for an updated list for this station as well

October 18 - October 24, 2008

1. AC/DC - Rock & Roll Train
2. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
3. State of Shock - Best I Ever Had
4. Theory Of A Deadman - All Or Nothing
5. Sam Roberts - Them Kids
6. Kid Rock - All Summer Long
7. Oasis - The Shock Of Lightning
8. Hedley - Old School
9. Sloan - Believe In Me
10. Seether - Rise Above This
11. Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
12. 3 Doors Down - Train
13. The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
14. Weezer - Pork And Beans
15. Puddle Of Mudd - Psycho
16. Simple Plan - Your Love Is A Lie
17. Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody
18. Coldplay - Violet Hill
19. Hedley - Never Too Late
20. The Killers - Human

and lastly the song doesnt seem to be getting spins at my local classic rock station

Board footer