You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

Also, i do want to add that people with addictions to drink or drugs or painkillers or shrinks:

Slash : drink and drugs
Izzy : drugs
Steven : drugs
Duff : drugs/drinks
axl : drugs/shrinks/psychics
dizzy : vicodin/drugs/"drink?"

Well, these people have problems, they probably all injured their brains in one way or another as we all know toxins leave deep traces even when you have been clean for years.

Drugs and drinks induce paranoia and loss of memory.

So who are we to believe ?

I'll tell you :

NO ONE

We had good music, the music is still there, still very much enjoyable.

Let's leave it to that, because in all honesty, their memories are as corny as their life was then.

Actually i am surprised they haven't kissed and made up because i am sure not one of them is right, they are acting like bloody schoolkids.

I wonder if Axl picked up the book.

I certainly would love to hear Axls recollection of what went on during those years.  I know we have only heard tid bits from him, very little of him defending any claims that Slash and Duff have said over the years and certainly have read and watched interviews from that time to get an idea of how it was like for himself.    I am not disputing that some of what they say isn't true just that they have openly talked for years about the past.   It'd be great if Axl put out a book with his memories of the past and not in an attacking way just how he recalls his time in GNR.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm so sick of people calling slash a liar.

You can find comments for most bands where what they have said at one stage is is inconsistent with something else they've said. I think its a function of bad memories, drugs, the passing of time, poor phrasing, avoiding personal questions, bad reporting and a host of other factors.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I certainly would love to hear Axls recollection of what went on during those years.  I know we have only heard tid bits from him, very little of him defending any claims that Slash and Duff have said over the years and certainly have read and watched interviews from that time to get an idea of how it was like for himself.    I am not disputing that some of what they say isn't true just that they have openly talked for years about the past.   It'd be great if Axl put out a book with his memories of the past and not in an attacking way just how he recalls his time in GNR.

Didn't Baz say Axl is has written a massive diary of events or did I dream that? Something about 10,000 pages or something???

I just don't like how some people are taking this as the definitive GnR story.   I already see people using stuff out of this book to bash Axl.    It really sucks.   

I hope Axl writes a book one of these days.

the_real_jessica

monkeychow wrote:

You can find comments for most bands where what they have said at one stage is is inconsistent with something else they've said. I think its a function of bad memories, drugs, the passing of time, poor phrasing, avoiding personal questions, bad reporting and a host of other factors.

I didn't call slash a liar, i said ALL OF THEM HAVE TWISTED MEMORIES.

When robbie Williams admit to memory loss after cocaine intakes, do you think he is the only ex drug user with the problem ?

NO

Millions of drugs users, current or clean, have or will have memory problems, anxiety attacks and some forms of paranoia.

FAC TU  AL

the_real_jessica

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

16  It'd be great if Axl put out a book with his memories of the past and not in an attacking way just how he recalls his time in GNR.

I volunteer for help big_smile

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Didn't Baz say Axl is has written a massive diary of events or did I dream that? Something about 10,000 pages or something???

I don't recall reading that but Baz talks so much he could have 16 16

Seriously, I don't call Slash a liar either, it's a well known fact that Axl cancelled shows for a variety of reasons and I am sure in this instance where Axl didn't give a reason as to why he didn't want to play the show is true.   I just really want to hear some of Axl's words of the past and how he recalls things or why things happened, I am sure we can look through some old interviews and we'd see Axls words about it as it was happening.    It'd be great to read it all in one book.  big_smile

On the flip side, there really is no reason to rehash what happened in the past or really question what any of them say is true or not because we weren't there and have no clue and it is history and what matters now is going forward.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I didn't call slash a liar, i said ALL OF THEM HAVE TWISTED MEMORIES.

Hey Sorry Jessica I wasn't speaking specifically about you, i ment more the routene bashing he gets at HTGTH smile

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't recall reading that but Baz talks so much he could have 16 16

Damn...i can't remember where I got it from...might be my ass!! I think i remember him saying something in that recent radio interview with BBF and Eddie Trunk. I thought he said something like he said to axl that Axl should write a book once and axl said something like "I am, its up to 10,000 pages" or soemthing wierd. But you know what i was insanely tired when i listened to that broadcast...so maybe i made it up - or maybe he was talking about some other band not axl or something!

Board footer