You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Led Zeppelin to Reunite Without Plant

Axlin16 wrote:

Heartbreaker: Zeppelin Reuniting Sans Plant?

10/28/2008 2:00 PM, E! Online
Josh Grossberg

The song remains the same, but the singer...not so much.

Two of the surviving members of Led Zeppelin are ready to get their rock 'n' roll on in the recording studio and finally launch that long-awaited reunion tour. Only don't count on Robert Plant to be adding a whole lotta love on the microphone.

In an interview with BBC Radio, bassist John Paul Jones indicated he and guitarist Jimmy Page are definitely ready to put the band back together, even without Zeppelin's defining voice.

"We are trying out a couple of singers. We want to do it. It's sounding great, and we want to get on and get out there," said Jones.
"It's got to be right," he continued. "There's no point in just finding another Robert. You could get that out of a tribute band, but we don't want to be our own tribute band."

The revamped lineup would also once again feature Jason Bonham filling in for his late father, John Bonham.

No word on who the candidates are, although some fan sites are hyping Myles Kennedy, singer of Orlando-based hard-rock band Alter Bridge. Page previously teamed up with former White Snake leader David Coverdale for 1993's Coverdale/Page'”a union that reportedly tweaked Plant so much that he reteamed with Page (but not Jones) for the 1998 album Walking Into Clarksdale.

The Plant camp has remained reticent on Jones' new remarks. But Plant has been shooting down reunion rumors ever since last December's stellar, one-off Zeppelin concert at London's O2 Arena, the band's first gig in 19 years.

Last month, the singer issued a statement on his website saying that after his recent collaboration with bluegrass queen Alison Krauss, he "has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years."

"Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin," the statement said. "Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

"I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects."

Maybe he just can't take one more chorus of "Stairway to Heaven," or perhaps, at 60, he's just too tired to keep rambling on.

I guess David Coverdale is back in business.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I hear Axl`s not doin much lately.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Other than releasing an album, and talking 2009 tour, but other than that Axl's schedule is wide open.

If Axl was going to take a gig like that, he should've taken Brian May's offer back in 1992 to front Queen.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If Axl was going to take a gig like that, he should've taken Brian May's offer back in 1992 to front Queen.

i never heard of this, is it for real?

sorry for the offtopic

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Yay, another legendary band out to take a huge dump on their legacy. Go Zeppelin....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I was told by a guy, and also remembered reading an article that the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert was actually being used as a recruiting opportunity, in addition to benefitting AIDS research, and paying tribute to Freddie's memory.

Elton & Axl were both offered, supposedly, and turned it down. Elton couldn't do it because it would just be too weird being friends with Freddie all those years, and in his eyes it isn't Queen without Freddie, and Axl turned it down because it just would be too weird fronting a band that he grew up idolizing.

I don't know how true it is, it could've been just tabloid shit, but I read it out of some English paper, and a Queen fan also told me about it once, leading me to believe he read the same thing. I could've been just one of those rumors that went out of control. Or it could be true, I dunno.

Board footer