You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: James Hetfield comments on Axl Rose

RollingStone (mag) >> Issue 1065 >> November 13, 2008

Q&A - James Hetfield

Have you listened to the leaked tracks from "Chinese Democracy"?

I haven't.  I'm sure Lars has heard it - he's a big-time Axl follower [laughs].  He's followed him around and annoyed him, trying to capture some of the rock-star-ness. We played a festival with them in Germany in 2006 - not on the exact same day - and we went down and watched them.  The guy's a good frontman.  There's a lot of extra stuff that goes along with that, but he is talented.

Thanks to GypsySoul from HTGTH.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Cool, thanks for posting this.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

I will say this as peaceful as possible:

Metallica annoys the living DAYLIGHTS out of me, especially James, who can't sing, and who is basically a total prick. Lars too. The only one I'll shake hands with is Kirk... They're opinion means nothing to me, they're music post-black album means nothing to me. they turned out to be the biggest diva/sellouts of the 90's. I piss on them. Thank you :-)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

at least he is extending that olive branch to axl...

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I will give him credit for that. I never thought he'd be man enough to do so.... Yeah neemo, I'm an old school fan, and I haven't forgotten they way James treated Axl in the Metallica tour videos, vh1, and every other chance he got!

"cubed beef so it fits down his throat"

"a few pizzas for just throwing around"

"sitting like a king sipping champagne"

and I am convinced "King Nothing" was  shot at Axl...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I will give him credit for that. I never thought he'd be man enough to do so.... Yeah neemo, I'm an old school fan, and I haven't forgotten they way James treated Axl in the Metallica tour videos, vh1, and every other chance he got!

"cubed beef so it fits down his throat"

"a few pizzas for just throwing around"

"sitting like a king sipping champagne"

and I am convinced "King Nothing" was  shot at Axl...

Yeah I'm sure Axl is so important that James wrote a song about him.  As for the way Metallica treated Axl.  After the Montreal incident I can't say I feel sorry for Axl.  With that said judging from what I've seen from James and Lars in their docs I can't say I could be friends with those two.  They seem to be world class assholes.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well some of James' comments were well founded ... the montreal riot was a bad situation ... and yeah i've heard king nothing is rumored to be about Axl

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

Axl will have the last laugh, as CD will be a better album than Death Magnetic, and when the dust settles, 2008 will be remembered as the the year of CD, not the year of DM. I would rather my favorite band wait 14 years to release an album that is genuine, soulful, and well crafted, than to have them release records that sounded like Metallica's last 3. Quality over quanity...DM is good, but Metallica took no risk, they simply made a record like they should have been making since Black Album. I'm not one to tell artist what to do, I think it's unfair, but at the same time I don't have to respect what they do. Axl put his heart into this album and it will show...

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

Axl will have the last laugh, as CD will be a better album than Death Magnetic, and when the dust settles, 2008 will be remembered as the the year of CD, not the year of DM. I would rather my favorite band wait 14 years to release an album that is genuine, soulful, and well crafted, than to have them release records that sounded like Metallica's last 3. Quality over quanity...DM is good, but Metallica took no risk, they simply made a record like they should have been making since Black Album. I'm not one to tell artist what to do, I think it's unfair, but at the same time I don't have to respect what they do. Axl put his heart into this album and it will show...

I doubt Axl really cares what James Hetfield said about his tour rider in 1992. I dont see James bashing Axl in the first post of this thread so really why would there be a problem? He said hes a good frontman, and any grudge that he may have against him is fair enough considering the Montreal debacle.

Death Magnetic is a great album that doesnt sound anything like their last 3 albums IMO. You say Axl put his heart into this album, but if his heart was truly in it why wait until 8 years after the songs were written to release them?

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ I think we'll have answer to why it was so delayed oneday, but Buckethead leaving and Merck being fired are two reasons that stick out... However, just because he waited 8 years doesn't mean his heart is not in it. Axl isn't the type to do something if his heart isn't in it - just look at the current GNR line-up as proof. If Axl didn't care about his art, he would be cashing in with Slash and Duff album after album, and GNR wouldn't have broken up...Maybe even Izzy would be back by now... Not saying thats a bad thing having a classic GNR line-up either, just sayin'

Board footer