You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

BLS-Pride wrote:

They may have not been the main writing duo but Slash is the lead guitar player. The only member in a band that rivals a Frontman basically. Axl has called Slash a liar countless times. Slash has bashed Axl not so much lately but think of when this album was written. There is hate there. More hate for Slash than anyone else it seems from Axl. Reread the 2002 press release before the tour started. There are hard feelings for all involved except maybe Izzy but I guess for Axl, Slash takes the cake.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

ll_tj1

From everything we've read, been told, even by Axl himself & his friends, Axl is very emotional and very sensative. Not the norm for a man. Slash, who was once considered a very close friend, for the history to have happened the way it happened, it is not far-fetched to believe that Axl is extremely hurt by this, and has been for years. He also probably feels lied to and lied about on countless occasions, something that it's only natural to take personal, and for a guy like Axl, this would be the volume elevated to 10 on taking it personal.

This I Love is about unrequited love imo, in the same vein of Don't Cry, November Rain & Estranged.

But Sorry seems to have Slash rant written all over it. I wouldn't be shocked if it were about Duff, considering the opinions given by Axl in that 2002 interview/press release that appeared on the old GNR.com site, but I would think it's a high-possibility it's about Slash.

I know you were just being a smart ass about the 'homosexual' thing, but I can honestly say that if I had had a very close personal friend, a bandmate, that I trusted, admired and respected for many years, and then suddenly what I thought they were changed to something else, and they seemingly turned on me and went everywhere talking major shit and major shit about me publicly in the press, I would see it as a HUGE betrayal of trust, i'd be very hurt, and yes I might start writing music as a way to vent that frustration.

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

ll_tj1 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

They may have not been the main writing duo but Slash is the lead guitar player. The only member in a band that rivals a Frontman basically. Axl has called Slash a liar countless times. Slash has bashed Axl not so much lately but think of when this album was written. There is hate there. More hate for Slash than anyone else it seems from Axl. Reread the 2002 press release before the tour started. There are hard feelings for all involved except maybe Izzy but I guess for Axl, Slash takes the cake.

Point taken. But for me, I still find it hard to believe Sorry is about Slash. I concede there's a possiblity and that maybe only some of it is about Slash, but I for one doubt it. But it's only an opiniun, but I have to admit, at least you made some valid points about it.

ll_tj1

ll_tj1 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

ll_tj1

From everything we've read, been told, even by Axl himself & his friends, Axl is very emotional and very sensative. Not the norm for a man. Slash, who was once considered a very close friend, for the history to have happened the way it happened, it is not far-fetched to believe that Axl is extremely hurt by this, and has been for years. He also probably feels lied to and lied about on countless occasions, something that it's only natural to take personal, and for a guy like Axl, this would be the volume elevated to 10 on taking it personal.

This I Love is about unrequited love imo, in the same vein of Don't Cry, November Rain & Estranged.

But Sorry seems to have Slash rant written all over it. I wouldn't be shocked if it were about Duff, considering the opinions given by Axl in that 2002 interview/press release that appeared on the old GNR.com site, but I would think it's a high-possibility it's about Slash.

I know you were just being a smart ass about the 'homosexual' thing, but I can honestly say that if I had had a very close personal friend, a bandmate, that I trusted, admired and respected for many years, and then suddenly what I thought they were changed to something else, and they seemingly turned on me and went everywhere talking major shit and major shit about me publicly in the press, I would see it as a HUGE betrayal of trust, i'd be very hurt, and yes I might start writing music as a way to vent that frustration.

You make some great points as well. But if Axl thought of Slash as a close personal friend and admired and trusted him then why did he force his hand into signing over the GNR name???? Why does he call him out onstage in regards to his heroin use, and threaten to end GNR if he doesnt start doing what Axl wants??? Axl knows about addiction, and knew about it when he did that to Slash, and he knew far well that, that wasnt going to help Slash, but that wasnt the intent, the intent was control. That to me is something you do to someone you don't admire and don't trust. Axl (from what I've read) felt he had to do that to protect his vision of GNR. So both of them wronged the other as far as I'm concerned. I side with Axl on almost every action. All but not getting his so called friend help, and instead using it against him and embaressing him. If I was Axl I would have tried to gain control as well, if all the stories are true regarding Duff, Izzy, and Slash's drug use. But it seemed to start with Axl as the agresser. If I were Slash 15 years ago, hooked on heroin and basically told I was now an employee of Axl Rose, Id be talkin shit to, id be pretty pissed at the situation and at myself.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You're assuming Mr. Rose is stable.

Think about that one.

ll_tj1

ll_tj1 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You're assuming Mr. Rose is stable.

Think about that one.

HA HA HA HA!!!! Thats the best point of this entire coversation. I am done!!! That was good man. 9:mosh::mosh:

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

anyone who thinks slash is stable and never lies is just a fangirl. i mean, they both have issues obviously, but slash likes hiding it, axl doesnt give a fok....which is also what you exactly hear in sorry....

thats what the beef is between them.

which is why i take axls side..,hes crazy yeah, but hes still sincere and real. slash is as fake and an industry whore as they come....go try to sell your house on the ellen show while you play on your signature epiphone wearing a tophat and a cigar in your mouth, lmao.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This I Love is fucking astonishingly beautiful

WOW! My favorite easily!

Finck actually does a great job on this!

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

"Why does he call him out onstage in regards to his heroin use"

to save the band and slash's life?

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Finck actually does a great job on this!

Yes but I do wonder how many takes it took to get it right, 2000? 10000?

Board footer