You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

ll_tj1 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

"Why does he call him out onstage in regards to his heroin use"

to save the band and slash's life?

No!!!! Thats NOT why!!!! Anyone who has ever had to deal with addiction, themselves or as someone concerned would know that the WORST thing you could do was use the addiction against the addict. It doesnt work that way. I know. I've been in 7 inpatient facilities, more than 20 out patient facilities. I have been incarcerated and seperated from my wife and children. And I can tell you from a person whos been there, that calling Slash out in public was the dagger thru the heart of the soul calling out to Slash to stop. Fuck you, if you don't get it, you wont. Some of you believe that addiction is a choice we make, others feel it's something that "if you really cared" you could stop.  Sorry to tell you it doesnt work that way. When you stuck at the bottom, and your underneath the pit...you make a deal. Just die. Thats the deal. Fuck you!! Thats the deal, and if you some how climb out of the pit, then its's because those that care, and those that love you never gave up, because this is not a place you escape by yourself...your just far to weak at this point. And all you look forward to is the end. My point was Axl knew this already...he had already lost people thru these means. And what he did to Slash,that night, was NOT to save Slash. It was to force his will upon him.

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:

could someone helP Me out with the aim leaks?

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

can anyone pm me the new master volumes of scraped, sorry and this i love. much thanks.......

Route66
 Rep: 0 

Route66 wrote:

can someone pm me also the new leaks!! please i'm begging here!!!

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

ll_tj1 wrote:
Route66 wrote:

can someone pm me also the new leaks!! please i'm begging here!!!

What new leaks????  I havn't heard a damn thig about any new leaks. Nothing but the skips and AIM leaks. There are newer ones han those?? PM ME

Route66

Route66 wrote:

suppost to be newer ones around.. hoping someone here has them. i saw the liner notes and its all cool stuff

micfac

micfac wrote:

can i get a pm also thanks in advance

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
ll_tj1 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

"Why does he call him out onstage in regards to his heroin use"

to save the band and slash's life?

No!!!! Thats NOT why!!!! Anyone who has ever had to deal with addiction, themselves or as someone concerned would know that the WORST thing you could do was use the addiction against the addict. It doesnt work that way. I know. I've been in 7 inpatient facilities, more than 20 out patient facilities. I have been incarcerated and seperated from my wife and children. And I can tell you from a person whos been there, that calling Slash out in public was the dagger thru the heart of the soul calling out to Slash to stop. Fuck you, if you don't get it, you wont. Some of you believe that addiction is a choice we make, others feel it's something that "if you really cared" you could stop.  Sorry to tell you it doesnt work that way. When you stuck at the bottom, and your underneath the pit...you make a deal. Just die. Thats the deal. Fuck you!! Thats the deal, and if you some how climb out of the pit, then its's because those that care, and those that love you never gave up, because this is not a place you escape by yourself...your just far to weak at this point. And all you look forward to is the end. My point was Axl knew this already...he had already lost people thru these means. And what he did to Slash,that night, was NOT to save Slash. It was to force his will upon him.

you are absolutely right about the addiction but how in god's name does your experiences make you the authority on why axl said what he said. you are assuming that axl knows what you know and, even if he did at that time, it may not have been going through his head when he made the statement. assumptions do not equal fact unless you knew axl personally when he made the statement.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The problem is ll_tj1, your experiences really don't apply to this situation.

Maybe Capt.'s theory of 'to save Slash's life' is wrong. But in reality Axl told the god's honest truth, whether Slash wanted to hear it or not. If certain members didn't kick the H, the band was over.

Why?

Because they'd fucking die they were doing so much junk at that point, at least Slash, Izzy & Steven, the majority of the band at that time.

Slash took it as he called him out, only because Slash felt guilty. The entire band was fucked up, mainly those three mentioned due to excessive heroin use. The band was dying and going downhill. They were becoming victims and footnotes of their own excesses & indulgences.

People have given Axl shit after shit for years for saying that, and to this day, there's still nothing wrong with the statement that was made. It was the God's honest truth. The band had to clean up, or it was over, either by A) not being able to work anymore and parting ways, B) death, or C) no band with that much shit going on is going to hold on to a record deal for that long.

Big changes were needed immediately. Unfortunately for Steven, he didn't get the memo apparently.

so now this topic has turned in to an Axl vs Slash thread?Axl was just as bad as Slash was with the drug thing,they all were doing drugs and shit back then,it's in the past.Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven aren't saints and neither is Axl and no one even knows who the song Sorry is about until Axl says what it's about (if he ever does).

Board footer