You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash on Reunion: "How the Fuck Would I Know?"

Von wrote:

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has told BBC News that he is pleased that GN'R's long-awaited album is finally going to see the light of day.

"Chinese Democracy", which has been over a decade in the making, will be released in the U.S. exclusively through Best Buy on November 23.

Slash said: "I'm glad it's finally coming out after all this time. It's good to hear Axl's [Rose] voice again. That's what's cool. But I'm not in the band and I haven't had any input into the record."

Asked whether there is any chance of the band getting back together in the future, he added: "You know what everybody asks the same question. But how the fuck would I know?"

Slash added that his current band VELVET REVOLVER was continuing its singer search following the departure of Scott Weiland quit earlier this year.

"We're trying to find a singer for VELVET REVOLVER still," Slash said. "We've got a lot of really good ones but I don't know if we've found the guy yet but it's plodding along and I'm trying to get that together."

-Blabbermouth-

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Seems like Slash is getting a little frustrated with that question. All they did is the write material and a stronger singer and frontman and Velvet Revolver could still do some damage.

Von

Von wrote:

He's understandably frustrated, too. BLS, I'm surprised you haven't thrown this one out there yourself by now, but I could see Anselmo gelling well with at least Slash and Duff.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

That would be real interesting. A toned down Phil like he sings on Down III could work if the music was right. I could see and would love too see Velvet Revolver go more blues sounding with Phil singing. He could come up with some great lyrics and material with that platform I think. Slash riffing away real bluesy like in some of the first Snakepit album just a little more heavy.

Von

Von wrote:

Absolutely. I think Slash works best in a blues heavy sound. There was always a forced sound with Weiland, trying to contain the guitar within the sound of Weiland's alt. rock radio vocals as well as some of his more glam rock sensibilities. Down III, apart from being an excellent album, is a great look at where Phil could take his vocals if he were to shack up with Slash and co. What VR needs most is balls, and Anselmo's not anything if not balls. Having said that and at the same time, the only members I'd be curious to see work with Anselmo are Slash and Duff. I don't particularly think this would work under the VR moniker, it's just a pairing I'd like to see.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah a lot of down Fans were expecting the screams but his lyrics and the songs needed that clean singing. Speaking of III something may come out of extra tracks from those sessions. They also have acoustic material which I am really interested about. Down is such a great under the radar band. And they have been around for a while now.

With Scott Slash couldn't be that blues heavy riffing son of a bitch that he needs to be. Just didn't fit. I hope the new singer who ever he is fits that type of sound. Yeah the project would have to be something new. I don't know who would fit in on drums but Matt wouldn't work out. Some real good music could come out of those guys getting together. We can only dream of such things I guess.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash should be frustrated with that question.

It's pretty pointless.

Slash knows, what we all know... only Axl makes that call. When Axl calls him, and asks, Slash will think about it. But until then, NOTHING will happen.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

hey... i'm one of the biggest anselmo fans out there..but, come on...
Anselmo? Slash?
i'd rather see the surviving members of pantera kiss, make up, and form a new band with zakk wylde on the fiddle...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

hey... i'm one of the biggest anselmo fans out there..but, come on...
Anselmo? Slash?
i'd rather see the surviving members of pantera kiss, make up, and form a new band with zakk wylde on the fiddle...

That is a horribly disgusting post, whether you were joking or not.

Von

Von wrote:

durden, I respect that you're a fan of Pantera, but that would be horribly disrespectful to Dimebag. That aside, Slash's style it a much better fit for any Anselmo collaboration than Wylde's.

Board footer