You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How we will know for sure that CD is done

Sky Dog wrote:

Did you not read my second post, two posts above yours? Read what Merck and Axl actually said! My god you are a piece of work.....and I am trying to be nice mods!

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

madagas wrote:

Did you not read my second post, two posts above yours? Read what Merck and Axl actually said! My god you are a piece of work.....and I am trying to be nice mods!

Someone's spending too much time at htgth. Brainwash, brainwash, brainwash.

Those statements don't prove that the album is handed in, and that business matters are the only cause for delay.

They may have business matters that need resolved, but that doesn't mean that the album is in the record company's hands. Is that really that hard to understand ? Those statements were made a year ago, and Mysteron just said that "it's in the record company's court now" a month ago. You are assuming that those two statements are related.  16 I'm just curious, how old are you ?

I'll bet you anything that the master(s) haven't been handed in yet. You just name it.

bba

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Now, if you use a little common sense and at least believe a fraction of what we have been told (the recording was done in Feb according to the band's website), then you can assume that "business issues" are what is holding up the release. Sebastian said this as well,:

I could care less about Baz or what he says about GnR or anything for that matter.

madagas wrote:

Bumble has recently expressed distaste for "major labels"

BBF put all his previous albums out on his own, independant label. Self produced and marketed. After doing this for so long, and being happy & content to do it, moving on to a big label would be frustrating. This doesn't say 1 iota about whether CD is or isn't turned in. Just speculation & reading into things too much.

madagas wrote:

Mysteron's comment,

I could go thru Mysterons post history and find quite a few posts were he's been wrong, so.....?

madagas wrote:

and about 100 other clues,

Really?? 100?

madagas wrote:

YOU CAN ASSUME WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF CERTAINTY,

A. Is there such a thing as "Assuming with a high degree of certainty"??
B. Really, no you can't. You prove Baz says it's done (Did he ever say it was turned in? I'm not sure) and Mysteron says the label is holding it up.  That's all just heresay. Also, why wouldn't the band state the album is done or turned in. They wouldn't have a gag order over it. If it was going to court they would have to file a claim which would be public anyway. So why no official statement?
C. Even if it was 'The Label" holding it up, how do we know what is being discussed. Axl could want something ridiculous like renegotiate his contract, or higher royalties, or asking they forgive the $13 mil advance.

madagas wrote:

Merck Dec 15th 2006

"The record company refused to conclude the renegotiation until we were ready to hand over the finished album and refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had it in their hands. This is still their position as of this week. "

Axl dec 14th 2006
"In regard to a release date for the album itself certain minor and by that I do mean minor things and or additions as well as contract negotiations need to be completed and barring any unforeseen complications these things have now been adequately scheduled. Both the band and I along with our record company feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion."

Now, you have Mysteron saying the record company is holding up the release.....in other words, it probably means Axl has finished music and they are negotiating on all the various shit that has piled up over the last decade...literally millions of dollars of record company money and Gnr money.

These statements are a year old. If Axl's going to hold out on a label for over a year to have something renegotiated then that's on him, NOT the label. If I goto my boss, ask for a raise, don't get it, then stage a walkout and sit around and bitch about how it's my bosses & companies fault I don't have a job, doesn't that sound pretty stupid?!

bringbackadler

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Now, if you use a little common sense and at least believe a fraction of what we have been told (the recording was done in Feb according to the band's website), then you can assume that "business issues" are what is holding up the release. Sebastian said this as well,:

I could care less about Baz or what he says about GnR or anything for that matter.

madagas wrote:

Bumble has recently expressed distaste for "major labels"

BBF put all his previous albums out on his own, independant label. Self produced and marketed. After doing this for so long, and being happy & content to do it, moving on to a big label would be frustrating. This doesn't say 1 iota about whether CD is or isn't turned in. Just speculation & reading into things too much.

madagas wrote:

Mysteron's comment,

I could go thru Mysterons post history and find quite a few posts were he's been wrong, so.....?

madagas wrote:

and about 100 other clues,

Really?? 100?

madagas wrote:

YOU CAN ASSUME WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF CERTAINTY,

A. Is there such a thing as "Assuming with a high degree of certainty"??
B. Really, no you can't. You prove Baz says it's done (Did he ever say it was turned in? I'm not sure) and Mysteron says the label is holding it up.  That's all just heresay. Also, why wouldn't the band state the album is done or turned in. They wouldn't have a gag order over it. If it was going to court they would have to file a claim which would be public anyway. So why no official statement?
C. Even if it was 'The Label" holding it up, how do we know what is being discussed. Axl could want something ridiculous like renegotiate his contract, or higher royalties, or asking they forgive the $13 mil advance.

Completely agree, PaSnow.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe 10% of the shit that comes out of Baz's mouth. That guy is Axl's pawn and he's doing what he needs to do to try and get his 5 mins in the spotlight. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him.

No offense to BBF, but he's on the payroll, and I don't buy into his crap either. He's lucky to even be associated with this band, IMO.

I honestly can't believe that people are actually naive enough to be buying into Mysteron's game. I ask again, besides pre-sales, what has he ever done or said that was correct to prove his credibility.

Madagas says there are at least 100 clues suggesting it's business matters cauusing the delay ? Ok, name me 10 logical clues.  roll

bba

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

bringbackadler wrote:

I honestly can't believe that people are actually naive enough to be buying into Mysteron's game. I ask again, besides pre-sales, what has he ever done or said that was correct to prove his credibility.

bba

If he organized pre-sales for shows then that's pretty conclusive proof that he's connected to the band, the fact that he is still allowed to post on HTGTH means he's proved to Jarmo who he is and his connections to the band.

Nobodies going to force you to believe what Mysteron might say but he's definately more connected to GNR than 99% of people on these forums.

Sky Dog wrote:

Pasnow.......I never said the label was holding things up..."business" is holding it up...as in money...as in arguing over money or tracklists or singles or the fact the label thinks the album is shit or Axl wants too much money or the label wants to own all the material when they are only owed one record by contract (who would own the other 20 or so songs)...or Axl wants to give them one record, conclude his contract and take all other material with him or how is the 13 million in costs going to be recouped..through royalties, a single payment??? or how is the money Axl spent on recording going to be recouped or who is going to pay for promotion and videos or who is going to get songwriting credits if your band members are salaried employees or yada yada yada. I AM NOT SAYING THE RECORD COMPANY IS TO BLAME......this shit should have been worked out YEARS ago.  I am only saying you are completely naive and ignorant to think all these issues aren't being raised. And, Bringbackjunkie, I am 40 years old, went to 7 UYI concerts, been a Gnr fan since 1988, work for a Fortune 500 company in the US who is VERY familiar with how big business works (make no mistake, Axl looks at this as a business), know people who work very intimately with the touring business (Live Nation-currently promoting the VH tour-my buddy marketed the tour), have read privileged court documents and loss of income lawsuits from acts as big as Gnr, etc etc etc...

in the end, could I be wrong about this completely? lol Yes, but my common business sense tells me I am pretty close....and laugh all you want, but Mysteron clearly has some form of close contact with the band...as does Jarmo. Where there is smoke there is fire.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

We'll know when its done when Bach tells us, right?

Hey, maybe Bach is GNR's new manager? Sure talks like it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Baz is a jerkoff but he certainly is closer to the situation than we are. Some people just choose to believe nothing and it is evidenced by their consistent banter over hundreds of posts across multiple Gnr boards that they have been banned from. I choose to believe some, believe parts of others, and believe none of what some people say. It is called being objective. Some people have a specific agenda and it just reeks of jaded, by gone memories.

bringbackadler

madagas wrote:

And, Bringbackjunkie, I am 40 years old, went to 7 UYI concerts, been a Gnr fan since 1988, work for a Fortune 500 company in the US who is VERY familiar with how big business works (make no mistake, Axl looks at this as a business), know people who work very intimately with the touring business (Live Nation-currently promoting the VH tour-my buddy marketed the tour), have read privileged court documents and loss of income lawsuits from acts as big as Gnr, etc etc etc...

Well, your lame personal insults don't suggest that you are 40. Probably just old and uneducated, I guess. I have a business degree and work for a good company. So what exactly is that supposed to mean ? You still appear to be a very gullible, and naive individual who is willing to buy into any obvious line of bs that he is given. I guess you're pissed that I raised questions about your so-called points that you were unable to answer. Then I ask you for 10 logical signs that prove that it's business matters and you can't do it. Plus you seem to keep flip-flopping on what exactly it is that you are trying to say. Once you figure it out, let me know.  16

bba

Sky Dog wrote:

I think we can start and end with I don't agree with just about everything you say.:haha:

Board footer