You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

Axlin16 wrote:

What the kids don't know is there's better material on the Illusion's. Not AFD. (yeah I went there)

I know many people that own AFD & GH, and think that's all they need... wrong. The two best GN'R songs ever made are Coma & Estranged, which aren't on EITHER.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What the kids don't know is there's better material on the Illusion's. Not AFD. (yeah I went there)

I know many people that own AFD & GH, and think that's all they need... wrong. The two best GN'R songs ever made are Coma & Estranged, which aren't on EITHER.

that's what happens when band members aren't involved with a "best of" compilation...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah and then there's garbage like "My World" on the Illusions too. How convenient that you gloss over the garbage for just the brilliant stuff. What made AFD better, and what will make CD better than the Illusions, is a more solid album overall. The Illusions have some of GN'R's best material, but also some of its worst.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

There is no garbage on the Illusions, only songs less brilliant than others. Even a song like My World ... you have to marvel at the sheer ballsiness of recording and releasing a track like that. On top of that, I still don't think it's garbage. The Illusions have their soft spots, just like AFD, but what Axlin08 is saying, and what people like myself believe, is that the overwhelming quality of the Illusions tracks that stand out most is so far and away from almost anything else out there, Guns or otherwise, that it elevates those albums even above their predecessor.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Tejas, let me break it down for you...

Don't Cry, Knockin' On Heaven's Door & Street of Dreams are better than Out Ta Get Me
Bad Obessesion, Breakdown & Catcher In The Rye are better than My Michelle
Locomotive is better than Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain & Sorry are better than You're Crazy
The Garden, Estranged & I.R.S. are better than Anything Goes
Madagascar is better andYou Could Be Mine is tied with Rocket Queen

That's half of AFD, lying with it's ass kicked by UYI & CD.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

No way is Maddy better than Rocket Queen in my opinion.

Von

Von wrote:

Madagascar is ambitious and impressive, but You Could Be Mine and Rocket Queen are two of GN'R's strongest songs.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Madagascar is the most underrated (imo) of GNR's catalog.

Fuckin' love that track.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Tejas, let me break it down for you...

Don't Cry, Knockin' On Heaven's Door & Street of Dreams are better than Out Ta Get Me
Bad Obessesion, Breakdown & Catcher In The Rye are better than My Michelle
Locomotive is better than Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain & Sorry are better than You're Crazy
The Garden, Estranged & I.R.S. are better than Anything Goes
Madagascar is better andYou Could Be Mine is tied with Rocket Queen

That's half of AFD, lying with it's ass kicked by UYI & CD.

Your analysis is heavily flawed and ridiculously biased. Why in God's name you came up with those particular comparisons is beyond me. I'll take Rocket Queen, Sweet Child O' Mine, and My Michelle over all of the songs you listed in a heartbeat. Why don't you compare weaker AFD tracks like You're Crazy and Anything Goes with weaker UYI tracks like Bad Apples, et al? Stacking up You're Crazy with November Rain and Sorry is hardly fair. A more apt comparison would have been those two songs against the likes of Rocket Queen or SCOM. And Maddy is nowhere near the level of Rocket Queen. That's a total fucking joke in and of itself to even suggest that.

Von

Von wrote:

That just makes me feel inadequate. Anything Goes and Bad Apples are two of my favorite tracks off their respective albums (especially Bad Apples).

Axlin08, my vote for most underrated GN'R track goes to Prostitute.

Board footer