You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: Even Axl is sick of Baz's mouth

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

BBA can you never accept someone breaking up and moving on in a band that you really liked in the past?

Absolutely. Especially when that artist leaves the name behind and actually moves on by releasing his own material. In Baz's case, if he was capable of releasing decent material, I wouldn't be wishing that he would get back with Skid Row.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Baz's music sounds pretty much like Skid Row now anyway so if you really liked Skid Row how can you not like this music, it's pretty identical,

Aside from the fact that it is no longer the lates 80's early 90's, his lyrics are pretty cheesy, and some of the songs seem to have no chorus or melody.

You see, I can't see just blindly worshipping an individual just because he is friend's with Axl, or because Axl let them in his band, or because he's nice and responds to emails. I call it like I see it. You can say it's because I can't get over the ex members, but that's not true. If I feel as though an artist is talented, I'll give credit. I don't think what BBF does is very talented. I honestly could care less if a guy is able to play the guitar with his foot. Nor do I think trying to shred a classic song adds anything positive to it.

I simply lost all respect for Bach when he became unable to shut up about Axl being on his album. That's nice that they are friends, that doesn't mean that I am going to like his new music.

bba

Well I don't blindly worship Baz because of Axl, I genually like some songs on his album ofcourse to like Baz you have to accept the 80's/90's sound and I also think he if he ever got back with Skid Row that sound wouldn't change.

I haven't lost respect for him, infact I have the utmost respect for sharing his feeling on Axl and in a sense delivering us official material that Axl is on.  Now I am not calling him a hero but damn it sure is quiet on the GNR front when it comes to Axl being released on something this year so for that I am grateful to the man.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

"All of us have been waiting for a new Axl and a new Baz record"

Since when?  A lot of people have been waiting for CD, but i don't think they are quite in the same ballpark.

bringbackadler wrote:

Aside from the fact that it is no longer the lates 80's early 90's, his lyrics are pretty cheesy, and some of the songs seem to have no chorus or melody.

bba

this is the same guy who was blowing his load when Steven Adler put up that stupid song on his myspace a while back... and that was even worse than any of these songs.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

dude abbey you make some pretty dumb threads.

Well that would make you pretty dumb too then if you read them  20

Don't judge Henry Clay by what John Calhoun did.

bringbackadler

bringbackadler wrote:

bba

this is the same guy who was blowing his load when Steven Adler put up that stupid song on his myspace a while back... and that was even worse than any of these songs.

I blew my load ??  roll

I disagree. Based on what we've heard so far, I think 'Let Down' would have been a more appropriate title for Baz's new album.

You seem to always get pissed when people bring up the ex-members in this section, but you sure seem to like talking about Adler alot. 22

bba

no i'm just saying its kinda weird you are criticiziing something for sounding to 80s/90s, but you thought that one song by Steven (which was apparently so forgetable i can't find it ANYWHERE) was "mind-blowing".   

but you are right, i dont want to talk about ex-members.. i just find it odd that you find songs that sound like bad LA Guns or Ratt songs mindblowing but when its Baz's stuff its dated and a let down.    Baz himself would probably admit his style is late 80s/early 90s.  And i thought that was kinda your thing?

bringbackadler

no i'm just saying its kinda weird you are criticiziing something for sounding to 80s/90s, but you thought that one song by Steven (which was apparently so forgetable i can't find it ANYWHERE) was "mind-blowing".   

but you are right, i dont want to talk about ex-members.. i just find it odd that you find songs that sound like bad LA Guns or Ratt songs mindblowing but when its Baz's stuff its dated and a let down.    Baz himself would probably admit his style is late 80s/early 90s.  And i thought that was kinda your thing?

Maybe "mind blowing" wasn't the right word. That was kind of sarcasm on my part, but I'll give you that, I did say it. I don't think Adler's songs are bad though. Yes, they're kind of 80's/90's sounding. I never said that I only like that type of music. I like most of new Guns N Roses new tunes. I like Stinson's solo album. I just honestly don't think Baz's new music (what I've heard) is very good whatsoever. I was a big Skid Row fan, but their music and lyrics were both good. I don't think Baz is a good songwriter nor do I think he produces a good melody on his own. And on a personal level, the guy acts like an ass. Axl being on the album doesn't change my opinion either. Hey, you think VR suck ... I guess we're all different.

bba

Ok but to criticize it for sounding 80s/90s when you like other stuff that people are making that sounds like its from that same era is a bit hypocritical.   to not like the songs because you think they suck are one thing.

bringbackadler

Ok but to criticize it for sounding 80s/90s when you like other stuff that people are making that sounds like its from that same era is a bit hypocritical.   to not like the songs because you think they suck are one thing.

I never said I didn't like the album because it sounds like it's from the 80's/90's. I just said that it does sound that way. I do think Baz's new music sucks, period.  Regardless of the era that it sounds like. I'm not hiding that I think that. By saying it sounds 80's/90's, I'm just suggesting that it's nothing fresh nor relevant in the year 2007. With or without Axl, this album will not sell very well.

bba

Board footer