You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Stephen Colbert talks about Axl and Chinese Democracy

Backslash wrote:

I am watching The Colbert Report right now and he's talking about the album on his regular meTunes section (where he satirically reviews albums).  Some of the comments were pretty good.  He's angry because they're releasing it on the same day as his Christmas special.  16

An excerpt:

"You [Axl] have been tinkering with this album for 14 years, you couldn't wait another week?  Are you sure the fiftieth backing track on the title song couldn't use a little more reverb?  Maybe you should get Brian Wilson into the studio to help you polish it for a few decades."

The album got rated "no mes", which is the lowest Colbert rating.  He's angry that they're stealing his thunder and didn't take his suggestion to call the album "Chinese Dentistry" and have all the tracks clock in at 2:30. 14

Colbert Report reaches a pretty broad audience, so the fact that he's talking about it is pretty good promotion for the Sunday release.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

His shows are all streamed on the Comedy Central site, aren't they?  I remember going there to watch the show when he had Rush on.  That was hilarious, so I bet this is pretty good too.

EDIT: Here's the link.  I've watched these from Japan, so should be no problem for anybody who wants to see it.  Though I guess it'll be a few hours at least before this episode is up.

http://www.colbertnation.com/home

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Yea I saw that last night. They also played a commercial for CD during the Daily Show.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Ah ha ha ha ha, that's great! I love Colbert.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Backslash, you missed the best part.

He talked about Chinese Dentistry and said 2:30 in the voice of Ching Chong Ding Dong and made it sound like "tooth hurty". 16

Good promo for the album!

Board footer