You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash's Solo Album to Feature Ozzy Osbourne

Von wrote:

The Rockerrazzi web site recently conducted an interview with Perla Hudson, the wife of former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (real name: Saul Hudson). During the chat, Perla revealed that Slash's forthcoming album will feature a plethora of special guests, including Ozzy Osbourne and pop/R&B singer, rapper and actress Fergie (a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson). Watch the two-and-a-half-minute interview below.

As previously reported, Slash will play his only European solo concert of 2009 at next year's edition of the Quart festival, set to take place June 30 - July 4 in Kristiansand, Norway. Slash will headline the event on the festival's opening day. He will be joined by a number of as-yet-undisclosed guests and promises to perform a mixture of old and new material.

Slash left GUNS N' ROSES in the mid-'90s, forming SLASH'S SNAKEPIT before later assembling VELVET REVOLVER with several other ex-members of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland.

VELVET REVOLVER is currently searching for a replacement for Weiland, who was dismissed last April. Slash told Billboard.com on October 24 that the band has been approached by some well-known names, saying, "There's been a couple that might have been interesting, but...it's really hard to make something sound original if you've got somebody people are so familiar with hearing somewhere else."

-Blabbermouth-

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Two great choices! I really wanted to hear Fergie on Slash's album and pleasantly surprised that even Ozzy will appear. I think taking Ozzy is much-much better than having Baz on the album. Can't wait to hear Perla telling us all the secrets, lol! 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Have you guys seen the interview? She's talking about her feelings towards VR ('Not my husband's best work') and CD, too.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

That was quite a funny vid!  Ozzy should be good, but I think Fergie is even better.  I don't like her solo stuff but she's a great singer and it shows that Slash is diversifying a little bit.  Can't wait for this album.

I think it's cool Ozzy being on Slash's solo album,I think the album will be cool mostly because of Slash,but also because of the different singers he will have.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I`m sure there are people with more time than me that could photoshop some axl 02 era scary pic on her pic, and make it look legit...or is that just my sick mind..

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

FUCKING RIGHT ON!....the Ozzman and Slash 9

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

That could ROCK!!  I know when they teamed up with Lemme (I Ain't No Nice Guy) it was kick ass...bring it on!!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Damn, she lost some weight, didn't she? Looks darned good now smile.
Funny to hear her talk about VR, but I guess she was never a fan and the supposed rumours back in the day about her wanting them to split up might have some truth to them.

Very cool interview, first I've seen with her. She seems like a very cool woman.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Sweet. Can't wait for this album now.

Anyone think it's possible Axl would appear on the album as a guest vocalist? ....Im not joking....personally I think he would do it if asked/approached.

Board footer