You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Guns N' Roses update official site

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's pathetic. These guys really should go to a psychatrist. The hatred from the Axl camp never cease to amaze me.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Whatever, I'm not gonna let this bring down my excitement.  There are thousands of people slamming the new CD because Slash isn't there anymore, they post ONE article saying the CD is great even without those guys and suddenly THEY'RE the bad guys.

Don't you get the difference between a third party writing a review and a first party peddling a review on their website? Slash, Izzy, et al had nothing to do with the reviews bashing the album. They aren't pushing those reviews on their websites as "proof" that Axl needs them. Yet there he is, peddling a review on his website as "proof" that he's actually better off without them and that they actually HURT the Use Your Illusion albums.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

It's pathetic. These guys really should go to a psychatrist. The hatred from the Axl camp never cease to amaze me.

Listen, I agree they're hung up on Slash, but when you've got everyone and their mother keep bringing it up it's pretty hard to ignore.  What if people kept coming up to you, time and time again saying, "man you're just not as cool since you're girlfriend dumped you.  I mean, she made you so much cooler.  You're nothing with out her.  These new girls are nothing compared to her."  You think you wouldn't react, just sit there and take it?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Listen, I agree they're hung up on Slash, but when you've got everyone and their mother keep bringing it up it's pretty hard to ignore.  What if people kept coming up to you, time and time again saying, "man you're just not as cool since you're girlfriend dumped you.  I mean, she made you so much cooler.  You're nothing with out her.  These new girls are nothing compared to her."  You think you wouldn't react, just sit there and take it?

It's simple. Don't use the name Guns N' Roses for a solo record. Then no one will bother you about it.

faldor

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Whatever, I'm not gonna let this bring down my excitement.  There are thousands of people slamming the new CD because Slash isn't there anymore, they post ONE article saying the CD is great even without those guys and suddenly THEY'RE the bad guys.

Don't you get the difference between a third party writing a review and a first party peddling a review on their website? Slash, Izzy, et al had nothing to do with the reviews bashing the album. They aren't pushing those reviews on their websites as "proof" that Axl needs them. Yet there he is, peddling a review on his website as "proof" that he's actually better off without them and that they actually HURT the Use Your Illusion albums.

I do agree, that shot at the Illusions was unneceassary and over the top.  That's just one opinion though.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:

I agree it's probably a little over the top to drag the old members into it, BUT everyone and anyone who has a negative thing to say about Chinese Democracy ultimately points out the absence of original members.  So what's the difference?

Its Guns N Roses official site. And that article would have remained largely anonymous to the people behind this latest update if it didnt include those lines. Its been carefuly chosen to attack the old members.

Reviewers who bring the old members into it do so on their on prerogative, its nothing to do with the old members.

This is bang out of order and particuarly puerile.

faldor

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

It's simple. Don't use the name Guns N' Roses for a solo record. Then no one will bother you about it.

It's not a solo record, no matter how much you want it to be.  Axl was far from alone on this project.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I sent him an email...

Jed,
     I just read your review of Guns N' Roses new album, Chinese Democracy.  I see that you love the new album and that is great, but your trashing of Izzy and Slash takes away any credibility you may have had.  Its just not necessary to go there, especially when the guitars are not that important to this album.  GNR used to be a hard rock band with loads of balls and attitude.  Now GNR is a solo act that released an album of mid tempo rockers and sappy ballads that don't contain one solo on the level of Slash's "Estranged", "Coma", "November Rain", "Breakdown", "Locomotive", "Sweet Child O'Mine", "Don't Cry", "Civil War", "Paradise City", etc.  Slash captured Axl's emotion on the guitar, something the current players for the most part fail to do.  You could have spent time praising some of Bucket's brilliant playing, or Brain's fantastic drumming, but you chose to go for headlines and bash former members and act like they held Axl back.  "Estranged" and "Coma" are two songs that are epic and pretty much abuse anything on Chinese Democracy and without Slash they would have never been songs.  We are all fans of Guns N' Roses.  I am a fan of each version.  By slamming some of the most favorite GNR members ever to justify your point brings nothing to the review and almost makes you seem biased.  When the reunion happens, yes, it will happen, I hope you bash Axl for taking these bums back, because according to you, that would be a major mistake and would cripple his creativity. 

Thanks,   

Marc

faldor

faldor wrote:

Did Slash not take a fair amount of shots at Axl in his book?  Was that not widely available to the public?  It's okay for him to do it?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

It's not a solo record, no matter how much you want it to be.  Axl was far from alone on this project.

LOL. A solo record doesn't mean literally on your own. Robert Plant does solo records and has a backing band. Michael Jackson is credited as a solo artist but has a bunch of other people helping him make his music. Every solo artist is in fact not by themselves, unless they are multi-talented. Those do exist. Axl is not one of them, at least not for the sounds he creates in his music. He could easily make a piano/vocal album all by himself.

But for all intents and purposes, it's a solo record...not Guns N' Roses. That doesn't mean I don't like it. In fact, I feel it's more solid than UYI. But I'm not going to sit here and blame the other members for the unnecessary bloat in UYI. Axl is just as responsible, if not the most responsible person for that.

Board footer