You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Gene Simmons lashes out at Axl Rose

Axlin16 wrote:

The goofiest bastard in KISS is Stanley...

"This is a song for all the LADIES out there! The ones that wanna ROCK!"

Then he busts into Forever...

Fuck off.. 14

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

He's just pissed coz KISS arent hot topic right now tongue

when was your last new material album released gene tongue

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

He's just pissed coz KISS arent hot topic right now tongue

when was your last new material album released gene tongue

I wouldn't go there. Since the original UYI material in 1991, KISS have put out 3 original studio albums, and are working on a 4th.

Axl did one.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I get what Simmons means in the sence that it's good to respect fan's money and the promoters etc. But he's an assclown for making refrence to childabuse and stuff.

Also...I think Axl has been late the times he has been late because he hasn't been in the right mindframe to perform or peform at a level he considers best for fans. I don't think it's any kind of intentional 'fuck you' or anything...And while that can be inconvienient....I see it as a regrettable but sometimes necessary part of his process. He makes up for it with A1 peformances and great albums.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I've listened to tons of boots over the years, and even though there are some ones where Axl's voice is fu....cckkk...ee...ddd up, i've never not seen that man not give 150% in his performances.

I respect the hell out of that man for that.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
war wrote:

i agree - most overrated band ever

and to whoever said that gene is a better business man than axl, i totally disagree - kiss is a circus band who now makes money off of pinball games, toy figurines, and reality shows (i counted that for argument's sake since gene is the subject of the thread and in the show).

all axl sells is his music and it is far better than kiss's

it may be by design but any average fourth grader could have come up with this business plan. simple and cheesy songs, stupid makeup on stage, and a lot of luck is the not-so-secret to their success.

so if selling video games and toys makes you a great business man. there are millions of young people wasting their money on college every day.

U have got to be shitting me?

So if its so easy, how come no other band has done it?  I'll give you GNR music being more deep and complex but Gene has more business savvy in his pinky finger than Axl.

Are u even going to try and argue that? I know we are all fans of Axl but please, thats dumber than people over at HTGTH saying Axl is the modern day Mozart.

Kiss have been a touring sensation for over 30 years. Axl's last few tours were lukewarm and half empty arenas.

Gene has always sold Kiss as a product because he can and because he is smart.

Gene has 10 times the money axl does, I guarantee it.

most bands don't sell figurines because they choose to be musicians not sideshow sellouts. it doesn't take a genius to sell stuff that sells itself. that's not business savvy that's common sense.

in case you haven't noticed....celebrities do this sort of stuff all the time and it's not their brains talking, it's their money.  these people make their money and all of the sudden, they own restaurants, clothing lines, perfumes, toys, video games, etc.  that's on top of being pro athletes, actresses, musicians, etc.

i'll let you in on a little secret ...they've got someone, thinking up all the ideas, running the operation, and making all of the decisions for them.

the genius is the one that does that from the ground up - non celebrities, who open successful restaurants (for example) with good business sense, quality recipes, and hard work.

i'm not protecting axl , i am stating the obvious (apparently not to everyone) and, whether you agree with axl going on stage late or not, gene showed a lack of class calling out axl with no provocation or relevance.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Gene thinks up his ideas. He just doesn't put his name on stuff other people think up.

Facts are Gene is one of the most successful musicians of all time, Axl plays for 5k people.

Thats because Kiss have always treated their fans with the utmost respect and have always busted their ass every single show pleasing them whereas Axl does not.

U can talk shit about Kiss all u want but the facts remain the facts.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

KISS has a massive following across the world, with music that is not necessarily the best in the world, and EVEN with a revolving lineup...

You know why?

Because they don't have fucktard frontmen that say "No one owes you, not one goddamn thing". They know where their bread is buttered, and they also don't have dumbass friends post fan bash tirades on their official website, because the paying customer was disappointed by the setlist.

KISS fans love KISS because they exhibit love towards their fans. Axl, why do you think Slash has kept the fans over the years he's kept? Not because he's better than you artistically, or a liar... it's because he's NOT king dick.

That shit is funny when you're 20-25, and that little "young rock n' roll bullshit, how much of a rock n' roll macho man you can be". When your 46-47, you just seem like a pathetic douche bag.

Show up on time for concerts, tell Beta & Del to bug off in GNR's affairs, and talk directly to your fans and not have a fuckin' manager prepare it.... and your fans will lick you all over.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Well said Axlin08. I love how some fans get all butt hurt when Axl is criticized. People need to open their eyes and realize there is a reason why Axl is constantly criticized by his musical peers. It's not because he is some poor misunderstood individual that is unfairly picked on for no good reason. It's because he has brought it onto himself. Axl is the stereotypical celebrity with an out of control ego that thinks the world revolves around him and the rules do not apply to him.

Slash in comparison is generally well-liked by his musical peers and music fans because he comes across as a guy you could have a drink with and share stories.

I don't like Kiss' music, but I do respect Gene as a businessman. More importantly, I respect the fact that he works hard to earn his money instead of thinking he is entitled to everything. He could easily take his fans for granted like Axl, but he recognizes he would be nothing without them.

As for his comments, it came across as harsh to bring up the molestation, but he's simply saying that there is no excuse for poor behavior. His comments were right on the money.

monkeychow wrote:

Also...I think Axl has been late the times he has been late because he hasn't been in the right mindframe to perform or peform at a level he considers best for fans. I don't think it's any kind of intentional 'fuck you' or anything...And while that can be inconvienient....I see it as a regrettable but sometimes necessary part of his process. He makes up for it with A1 peformances and great albums.

Come on let's call it for what it is. He goes on late because he is a primadonna. The whole nonsense about him needing to be in the right frame of mind to give us the best show is horseshit. There is no reason why he couldn't put on a great show on time. It's just primadonna bullshit.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Come on let's call it for what it is. He goes on late because he is a primadonna. The whole nonsense about him needing to be in the right frame of mind to give us the best show is horseshit. There is no reason why he couldn't put on a great show on time. It's just primadonna bullshit.

There can be legitimate reasons, sometimes.  Every single night...  Fuck no. 

Gene Simmons would sell his mother if he thought he could make a profit on her.  That doesn't make him wrong.

Board footer