You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

GNR won't sell much without promotion.

Not one of us knows what axl band and management want to di with it.

Maybe chin dem is just a way of testing GNR's actual potential on the masses.
If this were the case, then, who cares about how much it really sells or not, because in the end, if there is potential, a second album with a proper promotion will bring them all they want and more.

It's annoying not knowing actually.

However, they do seem to know EXACTLY what they are doing, contrary to what some think.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Gould/Azoff are lawyers with the savy of prodigious businessmen. I trust there is a plan here and it has yet to reveal itself.

That said, if this is truly it, then this entire release was handled with an unacceptable level of arrogance. As has been proven throughout time, arrogance's only reward is futility.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

WeTheLiving
 Rep: 10 

WeTheLiving wrote:

It's possible there is a secret plan, but i do find it a bit strange that there is a secret plan, and hidden mega-singles. Maybe this is just how things are, has this thing ever made any sense? This entire thing being inconsistent has been the only consistency for a decade.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only secret plan there could be left is a reunion.

The CD window is closed. Anybody that knows music, knows there's no big single on the album, they're not putting out videos, they aren't doing interviews...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist. This isn't even about trust in Axl anymore (why would I do something stupid like that?) It's about Azoff. If he wasn't there, and it was Merck, I wouldn't even be uttering the word reunion. I'd just be calling it what it is, and it still may be...

Maybe it's just another case of BLOWN OPPORTUNITIES by Axl, because he can't take his lithium, and break away from Grand Theft Auto IV long enough to do a fuckin' interview.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axl had a one week window? Give it at least until the start of the new year. If nothing happens more than what is going on now, then I will agree that Axl has failed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' Headed For First-Week Sales Of Less Than 300K - Dec. 1, 2008
According to Billboard.com, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy", will sell in the range of 250,000-260,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release (including a reported 25,000 downloads at iTunes on November 23 not counted towards the opening week for the Sunday release), which is down from expectations that it would sell anywhere from 300,000 to 784,000 units. Sales figures will not be available until Wednesday (December 3), but sources that rapper KANYE WEST's "808s & Heartbreak" will sell in the range of 425,000-450,000 units, significantly down from 700,000-975,000 units previously projected.

The first-week sales of "Chinese Democracy", which was released through an exclusive deal with the Best Buy chain, will put it on par with that of the opening number registered by "Contraband", the 2004 debut from VELVET REVOLVER, which features in its ranks Rose's former GUNS N' ROSES bandmates Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. That CD sold 256,000 copies in the U.S. during its first week of release to debut at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"Chinese Democracy" first-week chart positions so far (Note: The album wasn't available a full week in many of these territories when the charts were compiled):

Brazil: #1
Finland: #1
New Zealand: #2
UK: #2
Australia: #3
Ireland: #3
Italy: #3
Japan: #3
Norway: #3
Hungary: #4
Netherlands: #4
Sweden: #4
Denmark: #7
Spain: #12

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Daaaamn. Slash and Duff are smiling somewhere. Under 300K? Not good news.. America doesn't want this album. I think that is the proof people have been looking for.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Don't forget to adjust that number down considering all the fans who bought multiple copies of the CD.

Board footer