You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: I have opened two copies of CD Vinyl LP

GNRBABY wrote:

And both have skips during Chinese Democracy, Better, If The World, and a few others! mad The transfer sounds altogether bad too... I bought one copy from online and one from BB in the town I live. Very strange.. Anyone else have these problems? These are both brand new records skipping at the same places on their first spin roll

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe your record player has the hiccups.  Or it's allergic to whatever is going on in the song at that point.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

perhaps, but I play vinyl all the time and don't have this problem... Are you being smartass or is this something you've heard of? Is it possible for a record player to be "allergic" or noncompliant with certain fequency?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have the vinyl version on order to go with my CD, I'll let you know if there's any issues when it arrives.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ Please do when it arrives, as I'm very curious, because I got mine from two seperate locations...Both skip at the same spots on the same songs...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

weird....have you tried other albums? do they skip too? or you thinking its a flaw in the manufacturing

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

^ I play records all the time and I buy modern music on vinyl too. I just got the new killers and it plays fine... Very strange

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I concur with everything GNRBABY's said so far. I'm an avid vinyl collector of both new and old material. I have a top shelf set up and I too experience skips throughout the CD vinyl.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...that embarrassing...maybe the scraped thing is a glitch on the CD and not intentional as has been alluded to elsewhere

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

That really sucks, more evidence of this thing not being "ready".  What a mess.

Board footer