You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses: Home Videos

Professional music photographer Robert John is best known for working with GUNS N' ROSES. He began shooting them in the 1980's when they were HOLLYWOOD ROSE, became their exclusive photographer when GN'R was signed to Geffen Records, and traveled with them through the height of their career.

In this special feature, John shares footage he shot while on the road with GUNS N' ROSES from the end of "Appetite For Destruction" throughout the "Use Your Illusion" tours, to give the world a glimpse of what being friends and hanging out with one of the biggest bands in the world was really like.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=110095

Thanks to Chris55 from HTGTH.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

didn't Robert John end up suing Axl over some unpaid fees for some stuff he shot for them...?

Looks like he decided to finally share his shit when he realised Waxy wasn't going to ever pay his fee...

Shame, I feel sorry for this guy in a way, George Chin always seems to get all the GNR photo glory, and he's been there from the start apparently...

nice find though...karma...

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

That was a neat glimpse into the band from their heyday.  You can really tell from different dynamics the uniqueness of their situation.  That video of the band (without Axl) after the cancelled Norway gig really shows the frustration of the other guys with Axl, but they are also pretty smashed too!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
elmir wrote:

didn't Robert John end up suing Axl over some unpaid fees for some stuff he shot for them...?

Looks like he decided to finally share his shit when he realised Waxy wasn't going to ever pay his fee...

Shame, I feel sorry for this guy in a way, George Chin always seems to get all the GNR photo glory, and he's been there from the start apparently...

nice find though...karma...

In 2002, Robert John was still primarily shooting Axl. Apparently Axl wasn't happy with the shots, he didn't like how he looked, they were shit, etc. As Robert tried to explain to him, Axl was now older, and what Axl was asking him to do, was really not possible. Axl felt he looked too old.

He apparently fired John, and wanted the photos dropped off at his house. John did, assuming Axl would pay him, Axl didn't. He just took them, and ran...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Really?  How fucking ungrateful.

I can give Axl the tip, it wasn't Robert John's photos that made Axl look like shit in 2002 - the camera lens never lies!

I had actually seen a couple of those vids before (about a year ago).  The one on the conveyour belt at the airport, Slash on the bike, Axl stopping to look at that aeroplane.  A few of the other vids I had never seen though.

Board footer