You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Best Buy exclusive dramatically limited 1st week sales!

Gong wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I drove three hours round trip to pick up CD at Best Buy on the 23rd.

Wow! Now that's a dedicated fan.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I drove three hours round trip to pick up CD at Best Buy on the 23rd.

Wow! Now that's a dedicated fan.

I was thinking more along the lines of, "Wow, that's pathetic," but "dedicated fan" works too. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh, you can blow me Tejas, lol. 14

I had to do it. It was the end game for an era.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

That's pretty cool you guys drove that far. Sucks you had to, but probably made for an interesting experience. Must have been surreal both driving to buy CD but also KNOWING you're driving that far to pick up CD.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

It was an hour each way for me. I took my wife, 18 month old son, and brother with me. We all were decked out in GNR clothes! It was really cool... But again, the everyday fan wont drive one hour, or three hours for a cd. I like Kid Rock, but I wouldnt drive that far for him.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The Best Buy exclusive wasn't a good deal in the amount of records sold, that I think can certainly be argued.  But it was a GREAT deal for the bands management.  They got a shitload of money upfront, regardless of sales.  Not sure if Axl was on board for the whole ride.  When was the last time we heard from him anyway?  He hasn't been heard in since the release date was announced right?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That's pretty cool you guys drove that far. Sucks you had to, but probably made for an interesting experience. Must have been surreal both driving to buy CD but also KNOWING you're driving that far to pick up CD.

It was a surreal experience following the downtime of GN'R for 15 years, and nearly 10 years of the album's production, and that they day we'd all anticipated, that we strove for, fought for... the final day had come the album was out.

It wouldn't be proper without 'a final journey'.

Like I have said, and many others have said on the board, it was an anti-climax. It happened, and it was done and over within minutes, the album was great, and worth the wait... it was alot of fun.

But I think, LOGICALLY, we all kind of thought GN'R would be at a certain stage once the album was coming out.

Instead... same old shit, new day.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

faldor wrote:

The Best Buy exclusive wasn't a good deal in the amount of records sold, that I think can certainly be argued.  But it was a GREAT deal for the bands management.  They got a shitload of money upfront, regardless of sales.  Not sure if Axl was on board for the whole ride.  When was the last time we heard from him anyway?  He hasn't been heard in since the release date was announced right?

Apparently, UMG received $14 million for 1.4 million unreturnables. They will make a lot in international sales, skimp on promotion, and replenish their bottom line. Their stake in US success is almost nonexistent.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's a good point. Who knows, without an exclusive CD might not have been released. The exclusive wiped out all of Axl's debts.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

So let me get this straight

Axl will sell his album to the highest bidder but won't "Prostitute" himself and do promo?

sort of hypocritical eh?

Board footer