You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What did you expect?

Axlin16 wrote:
pupmpkin wrote:

Oh my god no!  Gene talks out of his ass about projects that are coming out and keep you eye open for them...and then don't see the light of day!  He promised years ago for a boxset of just his material and all of it would be unreleased!  As of this day, nothing.  You know the KISSOLOGY series?  How do you think they got most of the footage for that?  Thats right.  The stole it back from us!  Most of the bootlegs in circulation are better than what is on the KISSOLOGY DVD's?  They even had the balls to claim the owned the footage and its from their "vaults".  BULLSHIT!  The scared the hell out of anyone they could that if they did not come off the footage they would sue them.  Then look at the backstage packages that they sell for shows.  $1000 bucks a ticket for a autograph and a picture?  Most fans really can't afford that, but they don't care.  When they toured with Aerosmith, Aerosmith was only charging $400 for the exact same package!  I could go on and on they lie me too and yes I feel that they don't owe me anything either.

Hmm, thx for the info. Interesting, I did not know that they basically spit-shined bootlegs, and officially released them.

Lame.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I was thinking the same thing today about releasing the separate tracks and letting the fans make their own mixes. Reznor has done this for his last three albums, and there are literally thousands of fan mixes of his songs out there now. Imagine what you could do with all the different variations that would go into a Chinese Democracy song. Do you use Freese, Brain, or Frank's tracks? Finck, Bucket, or Bumble's solos? Do you push the strings higher into the mix to accentuate the melody, or emphasize the guitars? The possibilities would be endless.

And speaking of GNR fan mixes, I'm really diggin' the Shackler's Revenge Club Mix by Imsorry. I think I like it better than the original.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I whole heartidly agree with the above statement. I did expect something to change. I don't know that I had a clear idea of what it was that I wanted to changed...but I thought I would see something...ANYTHING!

Believe me, it's not that I don't appreciate the album...I do! I just feel as though part of this experience has been ruined because as some people put it..."Axl doesn't owe us anything."

I truly do not understand what that means. I cannot honestly fathom your logic, here. I guess nobody really owes you anything. Your parents don't really owe you a proper upbringing, the government doesn't owe you a bailout, your friend doesn't owe you any of that money back that you lent him.

I guess when it comes right down to it...no one owes anyone anything.

I didn't fucking follow this band for 10+ years (mind you 5 years after they imploded the first time) to "get told to go home" as Axl himself once put it when he went to England.

Axl can ignore his fans all he wants, and take them for granted all he wants...because we obviously keep coming back. The reason I've stuck around for so long is because there was a time when even when he disrespected the fans, he still came through in some way.

It's been a long time since he's really come through in that way. In 2002, he just packed up and went home without any explination...in 2006 he toured again promising the album (cancelling the show in Milwaukee I was to attend)...and now in 2008 with the release of the actual album, it appears that I will be robbed of my retribution for a third time.

Like I said, I am thankful for the album...I truly am...but...well...

I guess Axl doesn't owe me (or you) anything...I guess I can take solice in that?!

FUCK!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its definently the lack of communication hurting the fans most, it smacks of disrespect, and the whole, "not being owed a damn thing" argument is a terrible attitude for fans and the band to have.

There are some things in life you are entitled to for free.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only reason CD has done what it's done is because of the brand name itself.

Considering the fact the music itself hasn't spoken, and neither has Axl, Axl should donate his portion of profit to Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven for building the name - GUNS N' ROSES - into what it is.

'Cause that's the only thing that is selling this album right now. The name.

I'm not so sure I agree with that.  Unless people are blindly buying Guns N' Roses CD's without knowing Slash isn't in the band anymore.  My friends are well aware that GNR is just Axl (in their minds at least) and they didn't buy CD.  They're fans of the old band and have seen the new lineup twice (to see the old songs get played), but the GNR brand name wasn't enough for them to be among the 261K.  I'd say a very small minority of people bought Chinese Democracy last week JUST because the disc said Guns N' Roses on it.  I think we've gone over in major detail about the lack of promo.  How in the heck would they have even known it was out to go buy it?

I would say the majority did.  They don't have 261K buying the album because of the 2 half filled tours they went on, they have people buying it because it's a Guns N' Roses album.  Even Axl knows that or there wouldn't even be a new Guns N' Roses album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I whole heartidly agree with the above statement. I did expect something to change. I don't know that I had a clear idea of what it was that I wanted to changed...but I thought I would see something...ANYTHING!

Believe me, it's not that I don't appreciate the album...I do! I just feel as though part of this experience has been ruined because as some people put it..."Axl doesn't owe us anything."

I truly do not understand what that means. I cannot honestly fathom your logic, here. I guess nobody really owes you anything. Your parents don't really owe you a proper upbringing, the government doesn't owe you a bailout, your friend doesn't owe you any of that money back that you lent him.

I guess when it comes right down to it...no one owes anyone anything.

I didn't fucking follow this band for 10+ years (mind you 5 years after they imploded the first time) to "get told to go home" as Axl himself once put it when he went to England.

Axl can ignore his fans all he wants, and take them for granted all he wants...because we obviously keep coming back. The reason I've stuck around for so long is because there was a time when even when he disrespected the fans, he still came through in some way.

It's been a long time since he's really come through in that way. In 2002, he just packed up and went home without any explination...in 2006 he toured again promising the album (cancelling the show in Milwaukee I was to attend)...and now in 2008 with the release of the actual album, it appears that I will be robbed of my retribution for a third time.

Like I said, I am thankful for the album...I truly am...but...well...

I guess Axl doesn't owe me (or you) anything...I guess I can take solice in that?!

FUCK!

The "Axl doesn't owe you anything" sounds like the Jarmo SS on patrol, brainwashed, and continuing like robots, to just say the same thing to themselves over and over as they are USED and ABUSED.

I love CD. Best GN'R album since AFD. Axl is an amazing artist, and musician, and I will continue to enjoy THE MUSIC.

But as a person, and in relation to his relationship with his fans... he's either a self-centered asshole, or the dumbest fucker that ever has lived.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

out of touch but not dumb

just look at his life - he went from a troubled youth to scratching and clawing his way through life as a starving artist, to a music icon and superstar sorrounded by people that work for him and people who worship him. all of that without going through some important stages that a healthy and normal person would go through and without dealing with some deep and serious issues.

he has no way of validating how others feel, while not being able to relate to others due to his lack of normal life experiences, because he keeps everyone at a distance.

combine that with the fact that he will always feel as though he is a victim, due to those early childood experiences that nobody ever completely get past.

the ony way axl knows how to effectively communicate is through his music. and he struggles to release music steadily becasue it is his mind and soul that he is cleansing by self medicating all of these complicated problems through his art.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only reason CD has done what it's done is because of the brand name itself.

Considering the fact the music itself hasn't spoken, and neither has Axl, Axl should donate his portion of profit to Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven for building the name - GUNS N' ROSES - into what it is.

'Cause that's the only thing that is selling this album right now. The name.

I'm not so sure I agree with that.  Unless people are blindly buying Guns N' Roses CD's without knowing Slash isn't in the band anymore.  My friends are well aware that GNR is just Axl (in their minds at least) and they didn't buy CD.  They're fans of the old band and have seen the new lineup twice (to see the old songs get played), but the GNR brand name wasn't enough for them to be among the 261K.  I'd say a very small minority of people bought Chinese Democracy last week JUST because the disc said Guns N' Roses on it.  I think we've gone over in major detail about the lack of promo.  How in the heck would they have even known it was out to go buy it?

I would say the majority did.  They don't have 261K buying the album because of the 2 half filled tours they went on, they have people buying it because it's a Guns N' Roses album.  Even Axl knows that or there wouldn't even be a new Guns N' Roses album.

Again, I STRONGLY disagree.  So you're telling me, the average guy on the street walked into Best Buy in week 1 and saw the display for Chinese Democracy and thought to himself, "oh, I didn't know Guns N' Roses was coming out with a new album.  I might as well give that a shot."  People have been saying over and over how it was the diehards who bought multiple copies of the album and that's the only reason the number was as high as 261k.  Now you're saying people bought it just because they saw the brand name.  Again, I agree with the former.  Most of the sales in week 1 were to the diehards, who knew the album was coming out and had been waiting for the better part of the last 9 years.  They knew of the 2002 and 2006 tours.  They knew Slash had nothing to do with the band anymore.  But hey, if you think a majority of the sales were from people just buying it blindly because it said GNR, that's fine with me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

No.  What I'm saying is there would have been even less interest in an Axl Rose solo album than there was in a new GnR album (if you can imagine that being possible).  Thus, we have a new GnR album.  They are diehard GnR fans that were either willing to give Axl's solo effort a try or that are going to buy anything under the name GnR regardless of what is on it. 

The old joke was that Axl could fart into a mic and sell a million copies the first week...where does that put CD?

Board footer