You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: SLASH Plays 'Sweet Child O' Mine' For The First Time In A Decade

AtariLegend wrote:

SLASH Plays 'Sweet Child O' Mine' For The First Time In A Decade - Nov. 15, 2007

Last week, VELVET REVOLVER and GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash stopped by the Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp where he performed alongside the campers. While the campers will no doubt remember the experience for the rest of their lives, Slash was having some trouble remembering at the event. According to MTV News, he explained when he got nervous at the camp: "Only once tonight so far which was trying to remember the solo to 'Sweet Child O' Mine' cause I haven't played it since probably the last GUNS N' ROSES show and that was in 1996. You just don't go back and play your songs unless you're doing them in concert or for some particular reason like just now. Then watching the other guys playing it and they actually learned it from a record and all the sudden it got very surreal there for a second."

Hearing Slash play the track for the first time in over a decade wasn't the only surreal moment for campers, they also got to jam with the likes of Roger Daltrey, Jack Bruce, Joe Walsh and Vince Neil.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=84892

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

"Only once tonight so far which was trying to remember the solo to 'Sweet Child O' Mine' cause I haven't played it since probably the last GUNS N' ROSES show and that was in 1996.

ummm '93 16

anyway sounds like it woulda been an awesome experience 9

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, kinda sad it happened at a Fantasy Camp though... I'd rather it took place during a VR show. Or Camp Freddy.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

He should've busted it out for Blues Ball tours... that would be so cool!

I heard some of it over the phone tongue

btw eventually video of this will come out.  my friend was filming it.   either on a reality show or R&R fantasy camp 10th anniversary DVD.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool JB! how did it sound from your standpoint?

sounded cool, but of course it was over the phone and i couldn't make it out too well.    my buddy was hella stoked tho.

he had a signed copy of the book he was going to give to me too, but his prick roommate was also working the event and he ended up snagging it... probably to sell it on ebay sad

Board footer