You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Re: Guns N’ Roses May Put Music on Facebook

Manets wrote:

A very ambiguous tweet on the Guns N’ Roses official Twitter account seems to suggest that the band may soon “lay some tracks” on their Facebook page at some point in 2011. Given GNR’s history of lateness, you probably shouldn’t hold your breath waiting for something to turn up — but it couldn’t hurt to friend them on Facebook just in case. [Guns N' Roses Twitter]

Source: Rolling Stone

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Errrrrr..does it say NEW?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

MAY means NOT in GN'R land.

'Some tracks' means some more TSI stuff.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

YES! Sweet Child and Paradise City on the facebook!1

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

Errrrrr..does it say NEW?

No it doesn't. Title of thread edited.

I would love for it to be new tracks, but I'm assuming it'll just be old music.

In fairness, the headline at Rolling Stone says "Guns N' Roses Hint New Song Is Imminent".  Obviously they're just jumping to their own conclusions, and they're just trying to entice readers.  And I'm not buying it until I'm given reason to.  They've tickled our asses before with tweets hinting at a US tour, future streamed concerts, etc, and none of that has seemed to happen YET.  So, forgive me for being pessimistic.  Once again though, the tweet never said anything about NEW songs, so I didn't take it that way like Rolling Stone.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If they were open about the General being used as the intro it really wouldn't be all that surprising if they put up a new song.

But it'll probably be Jungle and SR.

johndivney wrote:

FB sucks
release a fucking casette or somethin physical
put it out in Flac not some streamin steamin shite

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

If they were open about the General being used as the intro it really wouldn't be all that surprising if they put up a new song.

But it'll probably be Jungle and SR.

They played bits of If The World in 2006 and Prostitute in 2002, not to mention the full 'new' songs in 2001,2002 and 2006 - yet it was surprising that Axl managed to release an album years later. Just because Pitman played some of his parts live, it doesn't mean anything.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I might be a tool...but to me that post didn't read like it was uploadng old songs.

I know they didn't use the word new - but it said something about making the page less blue....surely that means cheering people up with new material.

It's also worth noting that a bunch of the old material seems to already be streamed on the page using the "iLike" service. I admit I can't get it to work right now, seems to time out, but the links already exist so I assume it normally works.

Also the context of a resolution. Releasing an old song to facebook wouldn't take that much effort, even if GNR isn't exactly at the forefront of kickass web sites etc.

I'm going out on a limb and saying the only common sense reading of that phrase is that it means new music. Maybe its wishfull thinking, but at a minimum, given the known demand among fans for new music if they didn't mean that they could sure have said it more clearly.

I hope it happens.

Board footer