You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX: 'Big Four' U.S. Dates Coming Soo

jamester wrote:

Eddie Trunk
Big Big 4 news coming Monday......

jamester

jamester wrote:

METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX: 'Big Four' Coming To Yankee Stadium - Apr. 29, 2011
[youtube]iEAffrHonRU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Following last Saturday's (April 23) first U.S. "Big Four" concert in Indio, California, the so-called "Big Four" bands of 1980s thrash metal — METALLICA, SLAYER, ANTHRAX and MEGADETH — have announced that they will perform in the new version of the famed Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York on September 14, 2011.

Commented METALLICA: "We can't wait for a night in the Bronx as our second American show and for those of you who love fun facts, this will also be the second live music event hosted at the new ballpark."

All seats are reserved for this show and tickets go on sale Friday, May 6 at 10:00 a.m. via Ticketmaster.com. MetClub members should log in for more information about a special pre-sale starting on Wednesday, May 4. Yankees season ticket holders will have their own pre-sale, also on May 4, starting at noon.

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich told RollingStone.com in an interview earlier this week that more U.S. dates are on the way. He revealed, "We are looking to book something on the East Coast because of the success of this . . . Maybe we'll do somewhere in the Midwest and South, too. Still, I don't think it will turn into a 40-date arena tour; that would make it less special. I like the fact that there's an element of chaos to the whole thing. It shouldn't be sterile, streamlined and perfect: it needs an edgy underbelly to remain authentic."
big4yankee.jpg

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Pretty lame artwork, who in any of those bands plays a Fender? Should've put a Flying V or something instead

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Still hoping this tour makes some overseas dates, would love to see the Big 4 in Australia!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Good call on the fender..lol...what the fuck is that....lol

Love to see some Aussie shows too...although I don't like the chances...given Tallica just toured here...and last time Megadeth played at "No Sleep Til" it wasn't promoted real well.

Actually blew my mind how empty it was - i guess cos NST is a kiddie festival for new metal bands ? But like I came late (just for megadeth) and got insanely close to the front - it was really surprisingly easy considering. Made for a good show for me - much better view than I'd anticipated - and megadeth kick some serious fucking ass these days - the endgame songs rock live and chris brodderick is amazing...but yeah...if i was the band i would have been asking the promoter why the audience was missing!

Big 4 down here would be pretty amazing I think though...soundwave maybe?

jamester

jamester wrote:

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
'Big Four' At Yankee Stadium: Seating And Pricing Information Revealed http://dlvr.it/QXvlZ

jamester

jamester wrote:

'Big Four' At Yankee Stadium: New Trailer Released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7z55GZ … r_embedded
Ticket prices are as follows:

* Front general-admission floor: $225
* Back general-admission floor: $175
* Reserved lower-level seats: $119
* Upper-deck reserved seats: $90

big4yankeeseats.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7z55GZ … r_embedded

jamester

jamester wrote:

Eddie Trunk
Big 4 show on sale today and already 85% sold out in NYC for Yankee Stadium. Get your tix now or be shut out. Metal is alive my friends!

Board footer