You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Adele Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Happy for her and wish her a blessed life with her child. She probably has the most successful Bond theme that's been a hit in quite a long time.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Happy for her and wish her a blessed life with her child. She probably has the most successful Bond theme that's been a hit in quite a long time.

I'm so on the fence about that Bond theme. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I think it's successful just due to her recent success. The next thing she sent to radio was going to be a smash hit no matter what. What you're saying about it being successful is true in any case.

As for the family; same here. My friends and I wonder if her writing happy songs will hurt her sales though. 16

I know right? I think alot of people are wondering that as well. 14 If happy thoughts helps her in the next songwriting process, then she could go for it. It's always nice to try a different approach. I'm not in love with the theme either; but it beat the shit out of some of the past ones that have been used before.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If I were Adele, I'd walk away on top

no way she can match this lightning in a bottle.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I have heard her songs on the radio, and I just don't get it. Not really a fan of her voice, or her songs. That being said, I do dig the Bond theme.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
-D- wrote:

If I were Adele, I'd walk away on top

no way she can match this lightning in a bottle.

What if Bon Jovi had done that after Slippery? Or MJ after Thriller? GNR after AFD?

But luckily it looks like she won't be: http://m.theatlanticwire.com/entertainm … ate/64632/

Me_Wise_Magic

Going to be hard to top 21. At first I didn't get the sound or production of her music; but after hearing some songs on the radio, Skyfall theme, and then digging into some of the cuts off the album since my parents own it. I dig it. She has a really good voice and she is fine too. wink

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I wouldn't say fine.  Power to the big ladies and all, but no.

I listened to her first album today and it did absolutely nothing for me, so I'm a little less excited about the follow up, but still excited. Just not sexually. smile

Board footer