You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Adele Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I heard this today on the radio for the first time and it blew me away, what a tune!

I had to do some sleuthing when I got home to try figure out who sung it, wow that girl can sing!

I totally boycott pop culture and saturday night tv etc, so this passed me by, I thought I'd type her name in to the search engine to see if she has been getting spoke about. I thought James would be all over it, where the hell is he anyway??

johndivney wrote:

lol olorin she's been #1 in album charts for like 11 weeks now & had like 3 singles in top 10 at the same time. i understand missing out on pop culture stuff but she's been phenomenonally ubiqitous like only the superstars are. i guess this is her showing just how big she is getting..

that song single russ posted is by far my fave tune of hers but she is a class act with an already formidable & varied catalogue.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I heard this today on the radio for the first time and it blew me away, what a tune!

I had to do some sleuthing when I got home to try figure out who sung it, wow that girl can sing!

I totally boycott pop culture and saturday night tv etc, so this passed me by, I thought I'd type her name in to the search engine to see if she has been getting spoke about. I thought James would be all over it, where the hell is he anyway??

Mr. Lofton's been having some computer issues as of late.

He usually makes a once-a-week appearence around Saturday's last month or so.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

"computer issues"? Is that code for speed lol wink

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed he was AWOL, I was starting to wonder just how mad I was and if new GNR really really really sucked so bad that he didnt want anything to do with his site 16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

As for Adele... John I really have missed this latest "sensation", I honestly dont have a clue about pop culture, My sony minidisc player is packing in and I think its time for one of these ipod things... and I'm stumped cause there are so many different versions and I'm not even familiar with the first...

But fuck me, thats what you call a hit single 9

What a voice, fantastic lyrics, incredible melodies - it has it all. I cant stop listening to it, to me it sounds like a "Gimmie Shelter" level of hit single... it will last forever big_smile

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

"Rolling" In The Deep, has got to to have some relevance to The Rolling Stones. That song has such a Gimmie Shelter vibe 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
Olorin wrote:

My sony minidisc player is packing in and I think its time for one of these ipod things... and I'm stumped cause there are so many different versions and I'm not even familiar with the first...

brilliant.

russ that should be a sweet show. i've seen her do a few live performances on tv recently & she's killed it every time. sings the fuck outta the songs live really invests a lot of energy & passion into her delivery.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

"computer issues"? Is that code for speed lol wink

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed he was AWOL, I was starting to wonder just how mad I was and if new GNR really really really sucked so bad that he didnt want anything to do with his site 16

When he admits he left due to 'exhaustion', then we'll know. 16

Board footer