You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Can we let this thread die and all agree Game of Thrones only had 7 seasons? 16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Can we let this thread die and all agree Game of Thrones only had 7 seasons? 16

If you want to stop counting when the show started to suck, you have to call it quits at season 5, maybe 6 if you ignore terminator Arya. A raven flying 3k miles and Dany flying 3k miles in a few hours ruined any notion of season 7 being good.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just finished book one. Awesome. Better than I thought it would be. Like the show, I still think Dany had the weakest storyline, but still good. Did she use blood magic hatching the eggs? That's what I was getting.

I’m kind of stuck somewhere a quarter into Book 2. It’s a slower build to the action.

Although I must say Arya traveling the Kings Road back north is a much more harrowing read than what I gathered from the series.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm at Dany just getting to Qarth in Clash of Kings, but yeah, Arya is the highlight for me, Bran also. Totally different than the show. I'm surprised there's so little Jon Snow here, and Robb totally disappears.

Anyone think Syrio, who trained Arya in AGOT, might be Jaqen? How does a faceless man get captured if he doesn't want to? And you never see him killed, they both call her boy, they have similar syntax, and Syrio seemed to be teaching her a lot more than being a swordsman.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm on A Storm of Swords now. Sam is fucking tedious. Jamie is hilarious. I hate that I know certain things, like the meaning of Hodor, but I have a strong suspicion Shireen is going to be burned to bring Jon back. She has nightmares about being eaten by a stone dragon, Melisandra wants to wake the stone dragon. Perhaps the Dragon isn't an actual dragon, maybe Jon is the stone dragon?

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

I'm on A Storm of Swords now. Sam is fucking tedious. Jamie is hilarious. I hate that I know certain things, like the meaning of Hodor, but I have a strong suspicion Shireen is going to be burned to bring Jon back. She has nightmares about being eaten by a stone dragon, Melisandra wants to wake the stone dragon. Perhaps the Dragon isn't an actual dragon, maybe Jon is the stone dragon?

God damn man, you’re flying through them. Your guess is as good as anyone's, though I think it has something to do with Dragonstone. Book 3 is really where the show started to divert and half of books 4 and 5 will be completely new for you.

Randall Flagg

ID, you should check out the YouTuber Preston Jacobs.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Shit ID, you are a much faster reader than I am. I’m still stuck in Clash of Kings.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm a pretty fast reader, and I get pretty obsessive wen I start. If anyone is interested in other stuff, I finished a book called The Devil All The Time, which is really good but really, really dark.

A Storm Of Swords is better so far, big. It felt like Kings was more like stuff that didn't make it into AGOT, where this feels like it exists as its own story. Jamie's pov is really good. I just got to the Red Viper. This is sooo much better than the show.

Randall Flagg

Whose been your favorite character so far?  What was different in the book you liked the least and best?

Board footer