You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I didn't really give a shit about Ramsay in the show...I fuckin hated Joffery

I loved them both. C'mon, I know you loved Joffrey too. That kid was great. Probably his life is ruined now tho cause most of the world hated his character. He brought some much needed comic relief to kings landing, something it's sorely missing since his unfortunate demise.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yeah I loved to hate Joffery (kid was brilliant) ...I was indifferent to Ramsay

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So how do you guys think this season will end?

My guess is Cersei will burn down part of King's Landing with wild fire, killing Tommen by mistake.

The town will turn to chaos as the King is dead an no successor is apparent. This would be a good time for Varys to fulfill his book plot when he returned to King's Landing, adding to the Chaos.

I don't think Dany will return to King's Landing this season, as I believe she'll get there after the event I think will happen during the last scene. I believe her first time in King's Landing will be just like in her vision.

Jon and Sansa will be at Winterfell, having defeated Ramsay. The Northern Houses will quickly support Sansa's role as Lady of the North, as I think Rickon dies. Little finger will be there to influence Sansa, having obtained influence in the North and East.  Jon will have to decide what's next, realizing the Others are marching South. This will separate him from Sansa, concluding their time together. Jon will make a statement to the fact he's just a bastard, his place is out there.

We'll break to Bran who will for some reason will complete the Tower of Joy scene, revealing Jon's true parentage and answering the question who should be king, giving the audience the answer to who Jon is and where he should be. The show's wonky on travel time, but I can't see Bran making it any further than the Wall this season. While there, Bran will sense the Nights King who will have his entire Army glaring at the Wall. The season will end with The Wall crashing down and all of Westeros exposed.

Pretty good. Some hits.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So how do you guys think this season will end?

My guess is Cersei will burn down part of King's Landing with wild fire, killing Tommen by mistake.

The town will turn to chaos as the King is dead an no successor is apparent. This would be a good time for Varys to fulfill his book plot when he returned to King's Landing, adding to the Chaos.

I don't think Dany will return to King's Landing this season, as I believe she'll get there after the event I think will happen during the last scene. I believe her first time in King's Landing will be just like in her vision.

Jon and Sansa will be at Winterfell, having defeated Ramsay. The Northern Houses will quickly support Sansa's role as Lady of the North, as I think Rickon dies. Little finger will be there to influence Sansa, having obtained influence in the North and East.  Jon will have to decide what's next, realizing the Others are marching South. This will separate him from Sansa, concluding their time together. Jon will make a statement to the fact he's just a bastard, his place is out there.

We'll break to Bran who will for some reason will complete the Tower of Joy scene, revealing Jon's true parentage and answering the question who should be king, giving the audience the answer to who Jon is and where he should be. The show's wonky on travel time, but I can't see Bran making it any further than the Wall this season. While there, Bran will sense the Nights King who will have his entire Army glaring at the Wall. The season will end with The Wall crashing down and all of Westeros exposed.

Pretty good. Some hits.

Flagg pretty much nailed it except no white walkers.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I thought it was an awesome episode.  The travel time being so fast is obviously a minor nuisance, but I thought this season came together really well.  The Dorne plot makes no sense, as Ellaria Sand has no Martell blood and has no claim to rule.  Cersei killing everyone definitely took me by surprise.  I knew she was going to retaliate, but killing everyone with one blow was some next level shit.  Sadly for her, she'll soon find herself between two Targaryen led armies.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It was fantastic. If you bitch about the past 2 episodes you are just bitching to bitch.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It was fantastic. If you bitch about the past 2 episodes you are just bitching to bitch.

I disagree.  Sansa withholding the Vale Army from Jon was a major mistake.  With that Army, they could have launched a siege or had some leverage to negotiate Rickon's release.  Instead, Rickon is dead and Jon lost 2k men.  Plus add in whatever losses the Umbers and Karstarks lost that could have eventually been added to the Northern Army. 

Tyrion stopped Dany from burning the entire slaver's fleet because he realized they would need those ships.  Why didn't Sansa realize she'd need every Northerner available to fight against the coming battle.

I just wonder how Jon's King of the North title will handle Bran's return.  Granted, Bran knows Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, so it won't change a whole lot, and Bran could always decline the title.  I just wonder how Sansa will react to being relegated to being a pretty face once again.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I disagree.  Sansa withholding the Vale Army from Jon was a major mistake.  With that Army, they could have launched a siege or had some leverage to negotiate Rickon's release.  Instead, Rickon is dead and Jon lost 2k men.  Plus add in whatever losses the Umbers and Karstarks lost that could have eventually been added to the Northern Army. 

Tyrion stopped Dany from burning the entire slaver's fleet because he realized they would need those ships.  Why didn't Sansa realize she'd need every Northerner available to fight against the coming battle.

I just wonder how Jon's King of the North title will handle Bran's return.  Granted, Bran knows Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, so it won't change a whole lot, and Bran could always decline the title.  I just wonder how Sansa will react to being relegated to being a pretty face once again.

Those are technical items that I agree with you on but that don't ruin either episode for me

johndivney wrote:

Hopefully she reacts by getting her tits out.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jamie will kill Cersei, next season. He will choke the life out of her. Cersei's prophecy said she will outlive all 3 of her children, then be killed by her younger brother. Everyone thinks the imp, but Jamie is actually a younger brother also. He killed the mad king for less, than what Cersei has already done.

Jon will remain king of the north, and will be the hero. In the end, with all armies depleted, all of westeros, and the night's kiing army, the dragons, etc, it will come down to Jon and night king. Dany will sacrifice herself to fulfill the prophecy, Jon will stab her through the heart, turning the sword into lightbringer, and finish off the nights king. Dany wants to get back to her child and drogo, so that will be her justification.

Sansa, and her look, was just part of her showing the audience, she has learned the game. She will go to littlefinger, and proclaim I didn't think it would turn out this way, with everyone proclaiming Jon King of the north. she is tricking littlefinger, who will be blinded by her love, to see it coming. LF will die for this. Sansa doesn't want the power anymore, growing up, that was all she dreamed about, being a queen, famous and riches that come with it. she wanted to live in kings landing, being the queen. She now sees that this is not what she wants. She doesn't want to rule a house anymore. She wants revenge. She may marry robin, and dominate his weak self, she will rule the vale, kill off littlefinger. I still think Sansa has a better husband down the line.

Euron will put up a fight, but will be crushed. He will produce the hord that will control the dragons, which will give him a better advantage, but in the end, the horn will sink to bottom of ocean, dany will have depleted some of her army, but will still have 1-2 dragons left, and a sizeable army.

Cersei gets choked out by Jamie. Not sure, but think Jamie will join the cause to fight the WW and walking dead.

Varias lives. The imp lives. Here is where I am getting a little confused, but I think Sansa ends up with the Tyrion. Tyrion was always kind to her, and kept his nephew Joeffrey in check, when he would torment her. I think in the end sansa, see this, and chooses Tyrion because he is actually making smart decisions now, and would be a good suitor for her.

We still get Clegane bowl. Yes, yes, yes, we do. Cersei will send in forces to stop the stark repossession of the north, and dany to the south. somewhere in all of that, the BoB will bump into the mountain, and Sandor will get to burn him ass. I actually think it will be something like Sandor will overcome his fear of fire, and will hold the mountain down, while they both burn to death. something of this sort. It will be epic. Sandor will die, while fulfilling his promise, his life ambition, to get revenge on his brother who burned his face.

Board footer