You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm going to avoid reading the books until the series is over.  I knew they were different, which is fine I guess, but I don't want to confuse what is going on with the show with what I think should be going on based on the books.  Once it's over, I'll read them and consider it a different version of the same story told by someone else.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm watching the series again to get ready for the new season, and I have to admit I fast forward a lot through Danny's story, and I'll probably do the same when Arya gets to Bravos, that was tedious.

LF giving Sansa to Ramsay never made any sense.

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm going to avoid reading the books until the series is over.  I knew they were different, which is fine I guess, but I don't want to confuse what is going on with the show with what I think should be going on based on the books.  Once it's over, I'll read them and consider it a different version of the same story told by someone else.

Me too. But I think I'll start after this season.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trailer 2 is out, bitches

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The flaming sword tho!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

The flaming sword tho!

I'm interested to see if they use Dawn, the sword Ned took after killing Arthur Dayne when Jon was born. Something is in Lyanna's tomb.

Randall Flagg

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm really interested with how Martin resurrects John Snow. And I'll bet Little Finger knows Jon's parentage. I'll bet anything. And I bet he and Sansa use that against him. Being the son of the most hated Targaryen in the North isn't going to do him any favors.

Randall Flagg

His mother was Lyanna Stark. He was raised by Ned. He's just as much Stark as he is Targaryen. And unlike Sansa, Jon has blead for his country folk.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If John Snow doesn't end up as the hero at the end and the man on top I will be crushed. Everything points to him. This whole fucking show has ultimately been about Snow.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

His mother was Lyanna Stark. He was raised by Ned. He's just as much Stark as he is Targaryen. And unlike Sansa, Jon has blead for his country folk.

But northerners believe Rhagaer kidnapped and raped Lyanna, which, in their eyes, he'd be the product of that, including the murders of Ned's dad and brother. He'd be a pretty big threat to Dany, too.

Board footer