You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Smoking Guns wrote:

The dialogue between the hound, beric, and Thoros is gold. The hound has changed so much and seems quite compassionate.

Lady Mormont is a total badass. I love her.

Arya's opening scene was great yet predictable

Got a little slow with Sam

Didn't remember Jorah (sp) going to Citadel.

Jamie and Cersie see right through Euron Greyjoy

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I had a little GOT party and everyone laughed at the Sam bit.

Euron is pretty funny. He totally got into Jaime's head.  Can't wait for the BWB to hook up with Jon's group and he finds Sansa and Brtienne. Dude looks like a psychic.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm surprised Arya's going to King's Landing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Pretty good episode, wish they'd cut the filler even more since they're only doing 7 episodes.  3 minutes of Sam emptying chamber pots, barfing, and serving food was a waste of screen time in my opinion.  The previews showed Nymeria, so I'm guessing after the talk of family with the Lannister Soldiers and finding Nymeria, that will change her course from King's Landing to Winterfell.  Does she even know Jon and Sansa are there?

Really liked the scene with the Hound.  It showed how much his character has changed and evolved.  Kudos to the actor.  Contrasted with Sansa questioning her "king" (you should be more like Joffrey and punish innocents who had no part in the act! [And what families helped out that should get the Umber and Karstark lands?  The only family that helped outside of the wildlings were the Mormonts with their 62 men.  I thought the North Remembers, but apparently shit that happened last season is too long ago]  Yes, I expect everyone to forget that I'm the one who told Cersei Ned planned to send me and Arya back to Winterfell which allowed her to murder my father!), telling him he's both a good ruler and stupid at the same time (Why don't you ask me for advice.  It's not like you did last season and I responded "i don't know" and hid an army of 5k men from your brother that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of wildlings who owed me nothing).

Cersei is still clueless.  Euron's fleet is worthless when Dany has 3 dragons that can perform air raids and Dany has 50k Dothraki plus 8k Unsullied and whatever houses quickly join her side (I don't know how many soldiers the Martell's and Tyrell's have).  It's almost as if they forgot Aegon the Conquerer took westeros with a lot less troops than Dany has now because dragons are like nukes.  Her best best is to beg for peace and hope she can return to Castelry Rock.  We know Cersei is a royal cunt, but I'm sure Dany can relate to a woman who was relegated to expensive chattle her entire life because she was a woman and whose family saw her as an expensive pawn to be given away.  The ironborne have raped and pillaged hundreds if not thousands of families.  The Martell's murdered their own kin for no other reason than a desire to rule.  If Dany can ally with them, she can hardly find Cersei a bridge too far.   I don't know what "gift" Euron has for her.  Jorah called Tyrion a "gift" in season 5, but I don't see how Euron can storm Dragonstone and capture Tyrion with 8k unsullied guards and 3 dragons that would roast his fleet before he even made it to shore.  So I'm guessing the "gift" is going to be the Sandsnakes, since they killed Myrcella. 

Really excited to see Bran explain what is going on to everyone and how he's going to explain his newfound abilities.

Questions I have:

1.)  Did Arya free her uncle?  In the last episode of season 6, Walder tells Jamie he put Edmure back in the dungeons after re-taking Riverrun.  With the Freys dead, Edmure can reclaim the riverlands and ally himself to Jon/Sansa and Dany. 

2.) Where the fuck is Ghost?

3.) Stannis told Sam in season 5 Dragonstone has dragon glass everywhere.  Why was it such a big deal when he saw it in a book?

4.) Where is Robin Arryn?  The Vale lords seem allied to Jon now, but that's kind of fucked to ignore their oaths to House Arryn and their own castles.  I hope this is explained.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well I think the map confirms what Stannis told Sam, so now Sam has a drawing and a source that says it is real.. So Jon can make unite with Dany or at least negotiate for some dragon glass.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Pretty good episode, wish they'd cut the filler even more since they're only doing 7 episodes.  3 minutes of Sam emptying chamber pots, barfing, and serving food was a waste of screen time in my opinion.  The previews showed Nymeria, so I'm guessing after the talk of family with the Lannister Soldiers and finding Nymeria, that will change her course from King's Landing to Winterfell.  Does she even know Jon and Sansa are there?

Really liked the scene with the Hound.  It showed how much his character has changed and evolved.  Kudos to the actor.  Contrasted with Sansa questioning her "king" (you should be more like Joffrey and punish innocents who had no part in the act! [And what families helped out that should get the Umber and Karstark lands?  The only family that helped outside of the wildlings were the Mormonts with their 62 men.  I thought the North Remembers, but apparently shit that happened last season is too long ago]  Yes, I expect everyone to forget that I'm the one who told Cersei Ned planned to send me and Arya back to Winterfell which allowed her to murder my father!), telling him he's both a good ruler and stupid at the same time (Why don't you ask me for advice.  It's not like you did last season and I responded "i don't know" and hid an army of 5k men from your brother that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of wildlings who owed me nothing).

Cersei is still clueless.  Euron's fleet is worthless when Dany has 3 dragons that can perform air raids and Dany has 50k Dothraki plus 8k Unsullied and whatever houses quickly join her side (I don't know how many soldiers the Martell's and Tyrell's have).  It's almost as if they forgot Aegon the Conquerer took westeros with a lot less troops than Dany has now because dragons are like nukes.  Her best best is to beg for peace and hope she can return to Castelry Rock.  We know Cersei is a royal cunt, but I'm sure Dany can relate to a woman who was relegated to expensive chattle her entire life because she was a woman and whose family saw her as an expensive pawn to be given away.  The ironborne have raped and pillaged hundreds if not thousands of families.  The Martell's murdered their own kin for no other reason than a desire to rule.  If Dany can ally with them, she can hardly find Cersei a bridge too far.   I don't know what "gift" Euron has for her.  Jorah called Tyrion a "gift" in season 5, but I don't see how Euron can storm Dragonstone and capture Tyrion with 8k unsullied guards and 3 dragons that would roast his fleet before he even made it to shore.  So I'm guessing the "gift" is going to be the Sandsnakes, since they killed Myrcella. 

Really excited to see Bran explain what is going on to everyone and how he's going to explain his newfound abilities.

Questions I have:

1.)  Did Arya free her uncle?  In the last episode of season 6, Walder tells Jamie he put Edmure back in the dungeons after re-taking Riverrun.  With the Freys dead, Edmure can reclaim the riverlands and ally himself to Jon/Sansa and Dany. 

2.) Where the fuck is Ghost?

3.) Stannis told Sam in season 5 Dragonstone has dragon glass everywhere.  Why was it such a big deal when he saw it in a book?

4.) Where is Robin Arryn?  The Vale lords seem allied to Jon now, but that's kind of fucked to ignore their oaths to House Arryn and their own castles.  I hope this is explained.

Yeah, I was shocked at how sloppy Sam suddenly remembering what Stannis told him played out. Euron has to have some agenda in getting Cersi a dragon. Everyone thinks he's talking about Tyrian, I think it's something else.

The walker giants. Oh, shit.

The Hound has really got me hyped for what's in store for him.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

My favorite book snob reviews episode 1   lol

Jump to 1:55 if you're interested

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lol

I didn't mind the episode...but I wish it would've been a bit more eventful....but typical hbo...episode 1 is always setting the scene

Didn't Euron say that it would take years to rebuild the fleet after Yara stole the ships?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Enjoyed it.

Although I've felt the past season or so they've dragged their feet to play it out longer. Like I felt the whole plot development from this week could be told in about 5 mins or something absurd if you recount it to someone else.

The show is still great, but I think the pacing these days is a bit slow if you compare it to an Episode from season 1 or 2 where it seemed things happen more often.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Enjoyed it.

Although I've felt the past season or so they've dragged their feet to play it out longer. Like I felt the whole plot development from this week could be told in about 5 mins or something absurd if you recount it to someone else.

The show is still great, but I think the pacing these days is a bit slow if you compare it to an Episode from season 1 or 2 where it seemed things happen more often.

Yeah, I thought the episode dragged.  The most disturbing thing to me is I actually noticed the Ed Sheeran cameo without having to read about it later.

Board footer