You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Valid grievances, but I thought it was a great episode.  The greyworm/missandei thing was wasted screen time, but they setup that plot point, so I'm glad they finished it.  Loved that they finally had Dany address Varys trying to kill her in season 1, and Tyrion calling out Ellaria for killing Myrcella. 

Euron was truly badass when he attacked Yara and Theon.  I give it an 8/10 overall.  Very pleased.

Yes, they're doing their own thing now as they've surpassed the books.  But Martin just announced we won't see TWoW until 2018 at the earliest, so it's going to be at least 7 years in between books.  That's a hell of a lot more time to create story, revise  and rework it until it's very good.  Far more time than the show runners have between seasons to turn out scripts and start shooting.  Some of what they do is downright stupid, but I don't fault them for doing in several months what Martin has yet to do in 7 years.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The sea battle with Euron, Yara and Theon was incredible filmmaking. The embers floating through the air as they fought was very cool. Great scene.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Aside from the weird greyworm/messandai scene I enjoyed the episode

Jon threatening Littlefinger was fun

I was cringing when Sam was working on Jorah

The sea battle was epic...Euron should have killed Yarra ...seeemed out of character to take her hostage

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The battle was awesome. I do question the logic of fighting an ax wielding psycho with a whip, though.

I'm glad Jon is meeting Dany now. I say he refuses to bend the knee.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

THIS. THIS. And THIS!! Agree completely with this article. I didn't want to be a downer, but this sums up my feeling about the show's writing feeling like fan fiction. The tension between Sansa and Jon is way too forced. The logic issues are really annoying.

(Really interested what Randall thinks of this)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 … s-episode/

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I will read all your posts soon, here are my thoughts on the episode I just watched.

The writing seems rushed and poor at times but it was still a good episode.

I loved Snow making the tough decision but sending a message to Little Finger.

Lady Tyrell appears to be correct. Dany should have been a Dragon and been a queen of the Ashes because a separate Friday front Euron was able to destroy Yara's fleet.

Samwell Tarley is now a doctor lol. Some convenient stuff happening but I too want Jorah to live. He is a great warrior. But his father his now loyal to Snow's and Dany's enemy.

The Grey Worm sex scene was long and didn't add much, but, we got to see some boobees and Ass.

Battle scene at the end was very 300 esque. I wanted to see the sex with Yara and Sand Snake lady.

Jamie for now is a bad guy again

The red witch pulled the power play by seeing Danny... now the red witch and Dany will both want Snow. Snow is going to fall in love with Dany. It is setting up for that.

Scene where Arya gets told randomly by Hot Plate or whatever his name is that Snow is the King of the North is also sloppy but I guess they were running out of options. I am glad she is going North again. Maybe she will kill Little Finger?!?!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

What did people think of the Arya/Nymeria scene? I couldn't work out if it was meant to be Nymeria or not in the end?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I couldn't work out if it was meant to be Nymeria or not in the end?

It was Nymeria.

"That's Not You" refers to the idea that she'd become a domestic pet again for Arya.

It's a cute call back to what Arya said to Ned when he said she would marry and become a lady: "That's not me".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

And you can really, really feel how the writers no longer have source material to go on. It was noticeable last season, but glaring this season. It almost feels like fan fiction.

I feel this too. Also feels to me like it's kinda a season worth of action that has been turned into 3.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I couldn't work out if it was meant to be Nymeria or not in the end?

It was Nymeria.

"That's Not You" refers to the idea that she'd become a domestic pet again for Arya.

It's a cute call back to what Arya said to Ned when he said she would marry and become a lady: "That's not me".

Ha, you watched the behind the scenes too!  I think her wolf will show up when she really needs her again!

Board footer