You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So how was the guy able to ride a dragon? Is he related to Jon and Dany?

He controls the dead. Blood lines and shit don't matter once you die. Kill the man on the dragons back and the dragon dies.

Do we KNOW this or do we assume this?  Serious question.

On another note, I think I am going to break down and buy the books for my kindle.  I am going on a cruise in late Sept and I like having something to read.

Episode 6 I think proved this theory. When Jon killed the one white walker the rest collapsed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So, I've been reading up on stuff, and in the show Daario was by far one my most hated characters. I thought he was a douche and I lost a lot of respect for Dany falling for the douche, especially how he was originally introduced. Now, the book description is different and even more douche-baggy, but his physical description sounds a lot like the possibly fake Aegon: blue dyed hair and eyes that look purple in a certain light. Is it possible he's a Blackfyre and in league with Varys?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

So, I've been reading up on stuff, and in the show Daario was by far one my most hated characters. I thought he was a douche and I lost a lot of respect for Dany falling for the douche, especially how he was originally introduced. Now, the book description is different and even more douche-baggy, but his physical description sounds a lot like the possibly fake Aegon: blue dyed hair and eyes that look purple in a certain light. Is it possible he's a Blackfyre and in league with Varys?

Not really. There's no overlap. The theory is he's Euron. Their chapters and travel match up quite well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Looks like Miguel Sapochnik director of Hardhome and Battle Of The Bastards is coming back this final season. Thank God.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I just finished the audio book for Clash of Kings...now onto A Storm of Swords

Its kinda cool cuz i get to use my conmute time to go thru these books again...also noticing the differences from the books to the show and maybe picking up things i missed before

Hopefully George can finish winds of winter shortly...i wanna see how the stuff from HBO is really supposed to play out

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The guy who read the first 5 books, Roy Dotrice, died yesterday.  I really liked how he did the audio books.  Shame he won't be able to do the 6th one.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I bought all the books to read on the cruise I went on and didn't end up reading a page of it.

Stopped in Vancouver (that's where my cruise left from).  I had never been in Canada before, but really enjoyed the city.  We definitely plan to go back and maybe to a train trip across Canada.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The guy who read the first 5 books, Roy Dotrice, died yesterday.  I really liked how he did the audio books.  Shame he won't be able to do the 6th one.

Aww thats a damn shame...i like listening to him...RIP

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I bought all the books to read on the cruise I went on and didn't end up reading a page of it.

Stopped in Vancouver (that's where my cruise left from).  I had never been in Canada before, but really enjoyed the city.  We definitely plan to go back and maybe to a train trip across Canada.

I dont blame u for not reading while on a trip...so many other things to occupy ur time

If/when u plan ur train trip ... touch base ... maybe we can meet up somewhere around toronto area and have dinner or a couple drinks smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

If/when u plan ur train trip ... touch base ... maybe we can meet up somewhere around toronto area and have dinner or a couple drinks smile

For sure.  How far are you from Niagra Falls?  I think I will be there next summer in June or July...my wife says you have to see it from the Canadian side.

Board footer