You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

skippy wrote:

I still think he's lying.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Let's assume all these files are in MSL's possession.

He claims to be a GNR-fan. And from what I have read from him, he surely knows his GNR history, so you could even call him a hardcore fan.

With only a grain of imagination, it's fair to say that even a small amount of those documents could pretty much destroy the current band and possibly ruin any chance of a reunion for those that are in that camp. And from MSL's latest comments, it seems that he's aware of that fact.

So the only slightly positive outcome is for MSL with his paycheck?!

For every other hardcore-fan around the world, it's nothing less than a catastrophy! Pro reunion or not.

We all pretty much know that some dirty/shady buisness must have been going on behind the scenes during the last decade or two.
And if you've read some books about the music-buisness, it's no surprise that it IS a shady buisness most of the time.

This is not WikiLeaks stuff that could possibly have a positive outcome for society as we know it.

I hope MSL gets a sense of the fans believing him on his claims and rise to the occasion and uses his better judgement.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

i'll keep this abu dhabi video interview,seeing the band together and axl saying "we are guns n' roses"...this was done intentionally by the band that was on tour for 1,5 years giving hope that nothing is over...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Tommy siding with Roy Thomas Baker over Caram... Seems odd. I remember reading Tommy saying that Roy coming on board was basically the worst thing to happen to the band. He was the one who wanted to re-record everything and basically didn't do a whole lot.

Does anyone know when Caram took over as producer? Sean Beaven was there first working on CD around the time RTB came on board, not Caram.

johndivney wrote:

that vid^ was a promo spot for corporate investment/sponsorship or for tv spots. it wasn't a msg intended to reassure the fans of the love in the group.

Naltav wrote:

For every other hardcore-fan around the world, it's nothing less than a catastrophy! Pro reunion or not.

We all pretty much know that some dirty/shady buisness must have been going on behind the scenes during the last decade or two.
And if you've read some books about the music-buisness, it's no surprise that it IS a shady buisness most of the time.

This is not WikiLeaks stuff that could possibly have a positive outcome for society as we know it.

a lot of people would say the dissolution of GnR would be a positive outcome for society!

i don't see it as a catastrophy tbh. yea for me it'd be sad if GnR were dissolved, but the truth is much more important.
even for a silly old rock n roll band, the truth is much more important than keeping together just to earn money ripping off fans who the band have tricked into believing in something that doesn't exist.
the truth is one of the reasons why i'm so AGAINST a reunion, because we know how deep the hatred is amongst the protagonists if they tried to represent something shared on stage it would be a fallacy. just like current GnR is running very close to that same thing.

truth is the truth hurts.. if the current band are on such shakey ground maybe the best thing would be to pack it all in.. if the AFD-guys can't get along the best thing to do is to stay away from each other.. that way the fans are guaranteed an honest product..

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think if Axl has been forcing financially tight, little known musicians to sign gagging orders as part of joining GNR then treating them like shit and not paying them for their hard work then he deserves this shit to leak and to be judged by his peers.

Every dog has his day.

johndivney wrote:

^ yea intercourse is most probs correct here. the truth will out when you're being an asshole & whether that tarnishes GnR/Axl's name in the fans eyes or whoever else, there's only one guy deserves to be blamed. (and that guy isn't MSL)

misterID wrote:

Tommy siding with Roy Thomas Baker over Caram... Seems odd. I remember reading Tommy saying that Roy coming on board was basically the worst thing to happen to the band. He was the one who wanted to re-record everything and basically didn't do a whole lot.

me2

johndivney wrote:

a lot to speculate upon.. & of course some of the behaviour from the relevant parties has contradicted what's been discussed in the documents - didn't tommy say stuff against roy thomas baker in the billboard interview? was Dj out buying guns w/axl in june when the 'hacked' rweet re: euro tour hit?? just two months after axl was wondering in email about suing the guy??

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If a few documents in the possession of a guy who wrestles in the AWA is going to decide the fate of GNR in the 21st century, then just go ahead and call it a day whether or not the documents ever see the light of day.

Anything on that much shaky ground shouldn't exist in the first place. The CD era has always been a complete fiasco, even the blind nutswingers are finally figuring it out, there was never, EVER any real plan in sight, so what do we really lose if this "flash drive" gets out? A band that cant record any new music? A band that tours the hits every few years overseas?

Let it implode. Maybe Axl can come back to the plate in a few years with something substantial and the hired guns can go back to doing what we didn't give a shit about until they got to milk the GNR name dry for a few bucks.

Go solo or do a reunion. Fuck all this other nonsense. If you do go solo, concentrate on the word solo and leave the yes men/women at home where they belong.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

that vid^ was a promo spot for corporate investment/sponsorship or for tv spots. it wasn't a msg intended to reassure the fans of the love in the group.

Naltav wrote:

johndivney wrote:

a lot of people would say the dissolution of GnR would be a positive outcome for society!

Now that would just be silly dumb dumb talk... roll

johndivney wrote:

i don't see it as a catastrophy tbh. yea for me it'd be sad if GnR were dissolved, but the truth is much more important.

Really? Just sad? Sounds like a casual rock fan to me. And since you spend hours n' hours every other week on a fan-site, I'd guess you were a hardcore-fan...

So for every band/arist you ever liked, you wouldn't mind if personal/secret e-mails were leaked to the press TMZ-style.
Just as long as you got "the truth"?

Or could it be that you just have a nosy personality and that get a slightly wierd kick out of reading stuff you were not supposed to?

johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Really? Just sad? Sounds like a casual rock fan to me. And since you spend hours n' hours every other week on a fan-site, I'd guess you were a hardcore-fan...

So for every band/arist you ever liked, you wouldn't mind if personal/secret e-mails were leaked to the press TMZ-style.
Just as long as you got "the truth"?

Or could it be that you just have a nosy personality and that get a slightly wierd kick out of reading stuff you were not supposed to?

could be!
but there's a lot of stuff i could read that i'm not supposed to that i don't!

what's different here is that a lot of this stuff shouldn't have been written in the first place. and that the author is probs getting what they deserve by having their petty bile spilled out in public.

i do MIND these documents/emails coming out because they make axl look like such a giant dick & are [another] embarrassing to me because i've defended my love for GnR a lot.. & will continue to do so but stuff like this does make it harder to justify supporting this goon.
i wouldn't mind documents/emails coming out from other bands i love because none of the rest of them have paranoid nutjob assholes like axl bitching and conspiring against fellow bandmembers.

but at the end of the day, imo, transparency is more important than music. one of the very few things i actually believe in more than music is just common decency & i dunno if GnR or Axl's music is worth the crapway axl conducts himself & treats others.

Board footer