You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Help wanted — jobless need not apply

buzzsaw wrote:

Money posted the "I didn't really read everything anybody said, but I'm going to act like I did" response.  I think if he goes back and reads what was actually said, he'd understand completely...at least I hope so.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Just found out literally a moment ago that my company is closing the entire mid west region. My last day of employment is March 31. Awesome.

Russ - let me know privately if there's anything I can do to help you out.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Sorry to hear Russ. Good luck with the resume and job hunt

Cool posts in here from everyone. I have enjoyed reading this thread so far.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Ye Russ sorry about that, all the best for the future, I'm sure you will be fine.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Just found out literally a moment ago that my company is closing the entire mid west region. My last day of employment is March 31. Awesome.

This is a shame. Not to doom and gloom anything, but it's happening more and more, this massive scaling down of not only government sectors in the U.S., but also private business. Why? 'Cause so many are bleeding money, with no end in sight, yet for some reason the powers-that-be continue to try and brainwash the U.S. public that the recession is over, as unemployment continues to rise.

I thought this problem would've rectified itself by now, but it simply hasn't. It's just gotten worse and rural areas have been the worst affected.

Sorry Russ, and best of luck to you.

I kind of have been affected for awhile now by the "jobless need not apply" take that was presented in this thread. It's been going on for awhile now in the U.S. It doesn't matter that i've been in school, and not sitting on my ass... doesn't matter. It's a universal fuck off.

I used to be like buzz, and look at life and employment that way, but my own life experience has totally reversed that.

The irony of it all, the longer you go without a job, the more and more likely you'll never ever get one. It's absolutely crazy.

You'd think the ones without a job longer, would get first shot than those out of work for a few weeks. It just isn't the case anymore. Things have changed, and not for the better.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Money posted the "I didn't really read everything anybody said, but I'm going to act like I did" response.  I think if he goes back and reads what was actually said, he'd understand completely...at least I hope so.

I think we just have different outlooks on life.

I respect that you work in the field, and so you probably see a lot of this kind of thing every day.

I also don't deny that there are surely some problem cases, people who expect to start at the top without paying their dues at the bottom, people who's expectations are not commesurate with their experience, or indeed their potential value to an employer. And there's also no doubt some people who are just bad workers or lazy or whatever.

But to me your posts just confirmed that the article is correct that business does think that way, but I think there's deeper sociological issues involved.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I hire people at my job. I have hired unskilled people in their 50's who thought they didn't have a hope. I hired because of what they did when they were not working. I watched to see how much intuition and get up and go they had.
You can be unlucky but you can also make your own luck. They are the kind of people I seek for certain positions.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer