You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: lets talk about recent happenings then

Thanks for the information. Not sure this is a great idea on Axl's part considering it is a second version of a cover song. I have always thought GnR has to many studio released covers as it is. It seems it is harder to get the new material out there.

As for the discussion, I think the MSL docs have interest and I definitely lean more towards believing they exist than not. As discussion points, I think it is valid.

The Ron MyGnR posts were a complete mess and an embarrassment all around. I would wager he would have preferred to handle the situation differently. The less discussion about that the better, but that is strictly a personal preference.

I wish jamester would offer a few more details of what he saw.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

RE killingV & Madgas
To axls credit this is 3,4,and 10 person rumor/speculation over years. He has yet to re-release KOHD or comment.  IMHO no need to call the man out or call into account his judgment.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't recall calling anybody a liar. I also don't see anything you said that wasn't already out there, so not sure why there is need for secrecy. It proves nothing. If somebody has been on the boards forever and read sic's article, they could have created a fake memory stick with fake info that looks and sounds pretty real or at least possible. Just because something may have been stolen at one time doesn't mean msl really has it.

I don't care about any of this really. I'm tired of the games. If you have something, bring it. If not, stfu. I thought the hoarders had their last stand already. There's no reason for anybody to have information, but if they have it, they have no right to keep it secret while letting everyone know they have it. If they insist on keeping it, there's absolutely no reason for them to say they have something, but refuse to share it.  It's not theirs to protect

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't recall calling anybody a liar. I also don't see anything you said that wasn't already out there, so not sure why there is need for secrecy. It proves nothing. If somebody has been on the boards forever and read sic's article, they could have created a fake memory stick with fake info that looks and sounds pretty real or at least possible. Just because something may have been stolen at one time doesn't mean msl really has it.

I don't care about any of this really. I'm tired of the games. If you have something, bring it. If not, stfu. I thought the hoarders had their last stand already. There's no reason for anybody to have information, but if they have it, they have no right to keep it secret while letting everyone know they have it. If they insist on keeping it, there's absolutely no reason for them to say they have something, but refuse to share it.  It's not theirs to protect

Bingo. Besides, it's all pretty worthless anyway. Like I give a shit if Ron and DJ don't get along.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, everytime you posted you were saying that I was bullshitting, which means I was lying. All you had to do was wait for me to explain in detail, but you decided to overreact, be petty, passive agressive, hyper-sensitive, as usual. You didn't have to believe it, but I thought you'd give me the benefit of the doubt to explain it when I had the chance. I don't care if you believe me or not. I thought there might be some remnant of mutual respect left, but there ain't, obviously.

My "evidence" had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that he was planning to re-release KOHD. Like I said it was probably mentioned before, it was the specifics of the re-recordings.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

this hoarder shit does get boring.
*sigh* just leak the whole shit & get it over with.

i remember reading a post ages ago (on here) about the Elastica forums & how, out of nowhere someone dumped a whole load of unreleased stuff they had, without warning, without fucking 10 second clips, without fucking cryptic clues-nothing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You expect mutual respect for what?  Withholding information from us?  No, I'm done playing games. I don't have to wait for you to explain something that you can explain at any time. If you're not prepared to explain, don't bring it up.

You make some interesting statements about me there. Seems like some of those apply to you as well - over-sensitive about being called out, assuming that I am calling you a liar when pointing out you're not providing any proof, being petty by attacking me instead of what I said, etc. Glass houses my friend.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

LOL

Wow, you actually believe that? You ain't worth it, dude.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

this is like dealing with kids who have sweets they won't share.
why waste everybody's time with all the writing that has gone on in the last three days, all the accusations, defences, references to, nods to, winks at etc for what..... a fucking reggae version of KOHD and nothing else besides???

What the fuck has Axl, GNR and his fanbase been reduced to??? This shit is worse than scraps, its junk and worse still, we can't even have that LOL!!!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not to interject, but I don't think misterID was trying to be cryptic.  He just didn't want to divulge information that he got from Jamester without his permission.  And I imagine that's the same reason Jamester hasn't gone into more detail about the MSL stuff.  I'm sure MSL probably thinks he's said too much already, when he really hasn't said much at all.

With that being said, I agree with Buzzsaw and others.  I'm sick of the games, the insider stuff, the hoarding, the threats.  It's sophmoric, played out, and ridiculous.  The MSL video was interesting for about a week.  Then the deadline passed and we got nothing, and it appears we'll get nothing going forward.  And I hope we get nothing.  I really don't care what MSL does or doesn't have at this point.  Whatever he might have to the best of my knowledge was obtained illegally, so it's not really for us to see anyway.

This saga has all gone on far too long as it is.  It's time for the madness to end.  But I know it won't.  The problem is, I hear a lot of people say that the band brings this on themselves and if they would only function as a normal band none of this would happen.

That's a bunch of bull mularkey in my opinion.  Now maybe the madness would be lessened if Axl started giving monthly "State of the Band Addresses", but people would still pick things apart and point out what we're NOT getting from the band.  Some people will just never be satisfied, regardless of what changes are made.  The problem is, this heist of leaks from years ago gave fans a sense of entitlement and the feeling that it was okay to do these things and the thought that it could be done again and again.  I know there are leaks for every band/artist, but you'd have to agree that no band/artist has the history with leaks that GNR has.  There's no Spanish or Portuguese underground hoarders, no MSL's.  It's just beyond ridiculous.  Yet certain GNR fans have accepted it as the norm and feel that it's okay to conduct business that way, since the band isn't doing it themselves.

The problem is, all these shenanigans do nothing but slow down the progress of the band.  And lord knows, the last thing this band needs is any sort of hindrances.

Please, STOP THE INSANITY!

Board footer