You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: lets talk about recent happenings then

Neemo wrote:

so we have a bunch of allegations against various gnr members from MSL, we have assumptions by a couple people from mygnr trying to pit 2 band members against each other and most recently we have a he said she said discussion between MSL and Jamester

so we got some pms to james and myself requesting that we should talk about all this stuff...personally i dont see how any good can come from all of this

no we havent been contacted by the band and no we are not locking it to "censor" you guys, but damn it seems a bunch of horse shit to me (and other mods here) so we got tired of it all and locked discussions about it.

without getting into the actualy events / discussions at hand, why dont you tell us why we should unlock those discussions. we dont really want this board to degenerate into a cesspool of shit slinging and name calling and false assumptions...i thought that i made it clear that we could talk about it if more evidence comes to light but i gues that isnt a satisfactory option to some...so yeah convince us why we should revisit these topics and we'll consider reopening discussions

ppp

ppp wrote:

I see nothing wrong with leaving one topic open about. I'd vote for the Jamester one since he has been here a long time and he seems to be truthful in saying he actually met with MSL. I for one do not believe MSL has anything great or that would ruin the band. If he did, he'd have said it by now. This has been going on for a month and I agree that its gotten old.

I would close any topic like the one tonight, with fake news written by an "insider". That has no place anywhere.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm all for leaving it locked.  It's all a bunch of bullshit that nobody can confirm, deny, prove, or disprove.  It's driven by a bunch of attention whores.  Until they actually have something to say and can back it up, there's nothing to discuss.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't care either way. I might post if a thread was open, but I wouldn't miss it if it was locked.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

Well, I thought Jamester was going to post a formal reply to MSL's claims that Jamester lied about the meeting.  I'd be curious to hear Jamester's reply, if he's still interested in posting it.  If it can be proven that Jamester did meet with MSL and MSL lied about it, that may be of interest to some as one could reasonably take the position that if MSL lied about that then there may be other things he is lying about or embellishing.

If MSL is telling the truth and Jamester is lying, then at worst, it's as if the proposed meeting was never proposed and it's right back to where this started from since before the alleged meeting.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
ppp wrote:

I would close any topic like the one tonight, with fake news written by an "insider". That has no place anywhere.

That's my thing. And I know I'm a mod, but I'd still like to throw my opinion into this.

If there's a thread open to discuss the MSL crap, fine, because people are already WAY tired of it anyways.

But someone coming here with no proof whatsoever to post a rumor and state it as open fact is just plain stupid/wrong/unfair, etc.

To me, the whole jamester/msl thing is the exact same thing...a rumor that cannot be proven or they refuse to prove.  It's all bullshit.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Tough call. Its super interesting to follow but it goes way over the line sometimes too. People pretending to be offended on behalf of fandom for at BBFs last chat are nuts. People complain that somehow guns isn't 'real' then get mad when one of the band blows up on someone like anyone else would in he same shoes.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Just my opinion.

Be a hot topic forum or not. Get off the fence. Small sandbox Vs Big Playground.
This causes labor. Find the right mods for the job.

1.State clear posting guidelines.
2.Keep threads on topic.
3.Delete one liner turd tossing posts. Forum members should qualify statements with why they feel the way they do.
4.Appoint thread and section mods.
5. If someone myself, MSL, MYGNR anyone post proof and sources should be in thread. (I  offered PW to 2 mods for screen shot verification to keep my thread open.)
6.Not everyone will ever always agree.

Board footer