You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: lets talk about recent happenings then

Ali wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Just my opinion.

Be a hot topic forum or not. Get off the fence. Small sandbox Vs Big Playground.
This causes labor. Find the right mods for the job.

1.State clear posting guidelines.
2.Keep threads on topic.
3.Delete one liner turd tossing posts. Forum members should qualify statements with why they feel the way they do.
4.Appoint thread and section mods.
5. If someone myself, MSL, MYGNR anyone post proof and sources should be in thread. (I  offered PW to 2 mods for screen shot verification to keep my thread open.)
6.Not everyone will ever always agree.

You offered your password to your MSL board account to two mods so they can see the PMs you got from him?  Is that right?

If so, why doesn't someone just check his account for the MSL PMs and then come back and report and we can be done with at least the Jamester vs. MSL on the alleged meeting?

Ali

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

ali i do not wish to toss dirt on mods here. my point was there is verification. Mods dont always have to carry the mod hammer so heavily.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i opened the thread so jamester could "respond" to MSL and then he never did respond cuz he "wasnt ready" but he did post some stuff to try and prove that MSL was lying ... so whatever .... then i locked it and told him to hit me up when he was prepared cuz frankly the thread was going nowhere ....then later yesterdays i got a pm from MSL asking that iopen the thread so he could respond to jamester's response ... i think MSL said it was "ridiculous" oh the irony

these other clowns have insulted Ron and are posting claims about him that Ron is adamant that are not true, ron has never EVER done anything that makes me think that he would even have reason to lie

when MSL first posted his original video i actually emailed ron and asked if he had a comment about it and he said no, so i left it at that and respected his privacy about it all ... obviously people kept on about it to him and apparently he finally said "fuck this" ... peopel wanted a response... they got it... but not in the way they expected ... of all the guys in this band ever ron has been the most accomodating to fans .. and the way to thank him aparently is to spread rumors about the guy... anyway i had the privilage of meeting ron and dj and richard january 2010 in Hamilton, ON and London, ON ... my reason for shutting down those threads is respect for RON, we werent contacted or anything about it, i just felt its some malicious forum goers that wont let it go, and ron let his feelings be known about the situation so IMO that is the bottom line....its about as official comment as you are gonna get...straight from the beard what more could you ask for

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

At this risk of derailing this thread from the purpose that Neemo posted it for, I took Jamester up on his offer and checked his account over on MSL's forum.  What Jamester said is correct.  He had the messages from MSL in his inbox.  It appears MSL is bullshitting about not meeting Jamester.  Presumably yet another part of his game - whatver that is.

I suppose on that point, one of the reasons the guys locked some of the threads is a lot of people are getting sick of all these games - members and admin.  Does that mean that the people that aren't sick of it shouldn't be allowed to discuss it either, probably not.  But it's annoying when the threads get bogged down in "he said she said" and bullshit.  (Not having a go at you here Jamester BTW I think you were well intentioned and just got caught up in shit outta left field).

Perhaps we have one thread open, clearly labeled RUMOUR and OPINION or words to that effect where people can go for their lives on these and similar topics?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Just my opinion.

Be a hot topic forum or not. Get off the fence. Small sandbox Vs Big Playground.
This causes labor. Find the right mods for the job.

1.State clear posting guidelines.
2.Keep threads on topic.
3.Delete one liner turd tossing posts. Forum members should qualify statements with why they feel the way they do.
4.Appoint thread and section mods.
5. If someone myself, MSL, MYGNR anyone post proof and sources should be in thread. (I  offered PW to 2 mods for screen shot verification to keep my thread open.)
6.Not everyone will ever always agree.

Find the right mods? We have had the best staff a forum could as for and we have been together for years. Pretty sure we know how to do the job and do it well.. Little complaints since we opened.

And I brought your screen shots to the attention of the staff so we could make a call that we all agreed on.

Mods dont always have to carry the mod hammer so heavily.

Did you just make that statement after being here for a while?

If so, why doesn't someone just check his account for the MSL PMs and then come back and report and we can be done with at least the Jamester vs. MSL on the alleged meeting?

I am personally sick of this bullshit and felt no need to actually log into the account personally at that time since I was pretty busy with outside forum work.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

ali i do not wish to toss dirt on mods here. my point was there is verification. Mods dont always have to carry the mod hammer so heavily.

gimme a break, this forum is mostly self-moderating, we dont delete posts by members, this isnt posted at anyone, but our outlook is, you either fit the mould to post here or you dont, the goal is somwhat intelligent discussion, if you act like an asshole you get banned cuz frankly we dont want to deal with it, the mantra was written to try and steer the posting of the place to a civilized discussion board

sorry if you feel we have a heavy moderating style, i think were' very easy going ..... go ask jarmo or eric to restore posts or unlock threads , or even the guys @ cd.com ... see what answer you get

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

At this risk of derailing this thread from the purpose that Neemo posted it for, I took Jamester up on his offer and checked his account over on MSL's forum.  What Jamester said is correct.  He had the messages from MSL in his inbox.  It appears MSL is bullshitting about not meeting Jamester.  Presumably yet another part of his game - whatver that is.

Thanks for chiming in with that.   Very interesting.  Why MSL is lying, what his game is, isn't all that intriguing to me.  The fact that he IS lying makes me think even more that while he may have some e-mails and whatnot, he is likely taking things out of context and embellishing them in that list he came up with.  It also means to me that what he has said cannot and should not be taken at face value.

Ali

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

"Find the right mods? We have had the best staff a forum could "
"Did you just make that statement after being here for a while? "

Yes i did  Moderation is at will here a thread can go anywhere. wen a few get offended or bored its locked even though there could be some 12-17k views. Yes its a dubble sided thing. I will grant im here because of the moderation or lack of in the past. Not so much for the recent moderation.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't waste any more time defending actions that don't need defending.  If the bullshit meter is reading at an all-time high and you're not willing to prove things or tell your story, then it's going to get shut down (as it should).  You want it open?  Bring something to the table.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Jamester, now that you've been proven to be truthful you shoudl tell people what MSL has and what he doesn't have. If he doesn't have anything exciting, then lets end his 15 mintues of fame.

Board footer