You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: lets talk about recent happenings then

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

When Eric at Mygnr locked the thread about Ron, didn't he allude to things "we didn't know about?"

I think we shouldn't readily dismiss the "someone is in big trouble" post. I think it's clear that there's much more going on than we realize.

Obviously, he could be making up his insider BS, and this board is all the better for discouraging things like that, but what is being a GnR fan without rampant speculation? Hell, what else are going to talk about? Richard Fortus' distortion pedal interviews?

It very may well be that there's more to the story but at this time its hearsay and as such is perfectly understandable for his thread to be locked. If the site tolerated threads like that, this forum would be a total clusterfuck.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I know not too many people are going to agree with me, but Jamester doesn't say anything worthwhile while at the same time attention whores a ton. Just ban him imo.

At least ban him until he takes the time to type/punctuate sensibly? Tilts me so hard to read what this guy posts.

I do not agree with this, jamester is not a newcomer here, he's been a member for a long time and deserves more than that from us.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

^^^Neemo  thank you and that works for me .

I do ask than MSL provide proof of any future posts. Or give the GnR community the goods or GTFO in the future. I consider this my home site. I did not bother to respond to him on his home turf.

unfortuantely i think that you have taken alot of misplaced flack over this. sometimes saying nothing is better than saying anything at all...

the more quiet things get around the band then the more likely hood that the fanbase goes wild at the possibility of any little drop of information that presents itself

so i guess that strikes one topic off the list as jamester has respectively declined comment .... now we have the second half of the Jamester/MSL meeting...the actual discussion of what MSL may or may not have in his possession ....

IMO that discussion has ran its course for now as well...it seems to have stagnated... MSL is aparently more interested in his band, his wrestling carreer and his new shoes...and i really dont need to read about MSL's shoes

LASTLY we have the ron chat....maybe we should open that? i've moved all the relevant posts into the "Someone's in trouble" thread to give it a bit more context...so what the thoughts on that one?

ppp

ppp wrote:

The "Someone's in trouble" thread is not a good place for it IMO. I think you should start a new thread. The "Someone's in trouble" thread is someone claiming to be an insider and posting a bunch of unfounded rumors and lies about Ron and the band. That needs to stayed closed.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

I agree with PPP  tell the whole story not just he said she said. no proof was given

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah if you are going to open a thread I say open a new speculation thread, that guy wrote that in a matter of fact type way, and although its possibly true, at the moment its hearsay.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I doubt it's true. It's probably BBA being butthurt that Ron told him off.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

It very may well be that there's more to the story but at this time its hearsay and as such is perfectly understandable for his thread to be locked. If the site tolerated threads like that, this forum would be a total clusterfuck.

Hearsay and speculation is 99% of what Gnr fans have done/consumed since 1994.

I'm not saying that anything goes, necessarily, but I really don't think this necessitates a lock. There's plenty to legitimately speculate about. The fake insider stuff is iffy, but it's not really inconceivable, unheard of, or difficult to accept as true.

He's not claiming that Beta is going to join as a 4th guitarist or that Tommy got a stinky pinky from Sasha or anything -- he's just claiming, as has been the case historically, that Axl is being a prima donna and pulling the strings for a number of online sites.

Sure, you can dismiss that as unfounded, and perhaps it is, but don't tell me that you don't believe there's something more to what's happening at Mygnr.

All I'm saying is that there's plenty to talk about, dissect, and speculate about, and hardly any reason to lock threads.

And where exactly was Ron disrespected?

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I don't remember ever saying Ron was disrespected unless you are talking to someone else? The reason the thread was locked was the guys very first post here was to post something pretty much as fact. I thought it was perfectly understandable for the mods to lock or at a minimum change the title of the thread.

Edit: I also agree with you that it may be true, but I still do not disagree with the lock at this present time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

And where exactly was Ron disrespected?

the posts in questions were recorded here

i've pulled the ron comments as well as the gnrevo associated discussions into that thread along with the posts by nugget and youthinkso

Board footer