You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: lets talk about recent happenings then

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Thanks Neemo, I was'nt sure he was talking to me, that clears it up.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

That's disrespectful? Look, I understand that Ron has an image, cultivated or genuine, of being a cool dude, and that he's a member here and has in the past graciously answered our questions. I love his contributions to the album and think he's a supremely underrated live performer.

That being said, every single member of this band has had worse things said about them in this forum. Good lord, I think I've said things about Finck that would have me jailed in many middle eastern countries if they were said about a dictator.

Are we treating him differently because of his "status" here? Is that not de facto censorship? We aren't allowed to discuss him in the same manner as others simply because he has a seldom used account at Gnrevo?

Don't get me wrong, this is by far the best Gnr board ever, and I would never compare it to HTGTH or Mygnr, but I question the motivations behind the actions, respectfully.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

point taken, my inital thoughts about the "someones in big trouble thread were that it was a one sided slant...i feel that with "all" the threads about this topic in one place that it makes it a more coherant thread, but ould like other opinions before i just reopen it smile

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I never was against the guy for the contents of his post, I was againt him for stating things as factual without backing it up (insider without proof bullshit). I don't think we are on the same page here lol.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no i get your point irish smile but do you think that thread should be reopened for discussion now that he background info is in there as well?

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah sure, it def makes more sense in the context of the other information, its the stating things as fact with the fake insider slant that is so old.
Not to say its not true, just don't state it as unless you can prove it.

I'm too tired now to think/post straight but I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

YEah the annoying thing with that guys post was he appeared to spam all the gnr boards with the same post then disappeared.  As you say Irish he posted it like it was factul, but he didn't even bother to hang around to at least answer questions or try and substantiate what he was saying.

It was classic trolling activity which is presumably what added weight to locking the thread.  Note also that the thread/post was locked - not deleted, you could still read it.  The same post was done at all the other boards but got deleted!

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Yeah sure, it def makes more sense in the context of the other information, its the stating things as fact with the fake insider slant that is so old.

I'm too tired now to think/post staight but I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying.

I agree. But we hardly had a chance to press the guy for more info, or to even see if it panned out as true.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm too tired now to think/post staight but I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying.

I agree. But we hardly had a chance to press the guy for more info, or to even see if it panned out as true.

......and therein lies the problem.

Like Aussie said, a guy who posts one post in the manner he did and then fucks off deserves no attention.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
Aussie wrote:

YEah the annoying thing with that guys post was he appeared to spam all the gnr boards with the same post then disappeared.  As you say Irish he posted it like it was factul, but he didn't even bother to hang around to at least answer questions or try and substantiate what he was saying.

It was classic trolling activity which is presumably what added weight to locking the thread.  Note also that the thread/post was locked - not deleted, you could still read it.  The same post was done at all the other boards but got deleted!

That's important to note, but everything he said was extremely plausible. Why would all these boards be acting similarly?

Using past evidence and applying Occam's Razor... I'm not so sure he was just a troll.

That being said, it's incredibly douchey and annoying behavior on his part to spam boards and not provide any more information.

Board footer