You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

faldor wrote:
ppp wrote:

Which izzy interview was that?

I forget exactly, but it's always referenced when this subject gets brought up.  I think it was for Classic Rock magazine around 2002 or so?

Edit - I believe this is it
http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=928

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, Axl has been a saint. He didn't call a bedroom guitarist without the others' knowledge to play on the band's track. He didn't try to lower Izzy's money. He didn't make them play millions of dollars for his temper changes. He didn't get the right to the name. He didn't say nasty things about the others. He has never tried to downplay the others's importance in the band's success. He didn't say that Slash was a cancer, a few weeks after Slash's mom died of cancer. He wasn't the one who questioned if Slash can play anymore. He is not the one who hides what happened, cause he 'doesn't wanna hurt anyone', yet he dishes the other with hateful comments.
He really showed in the last 15 years how this band can be run properly. He proved he had a vision the others didn't let happen.

Yeah, it's Slash to blame. He started it. He dared to become as recognizable member of GN'R, as Axl. Evil fucker. He'd really have to go before the UYIs. He kinda ruined it. Imagine how NR or Estranged could sound without him. Not to mention Locomotive, Civil War or Coma.

johndivney wrote:

funny post. good stuff. funny cause it's true.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, Axl has been a saint. He didn't call a bedroom guitarist without the others' knowledge to play on the band's track. He didn't try to lower Izzy's money. He didn't make them play millions of dollars for his temper changes. He didn't get the right to the name. He didn't say nasty things about the others. He has never tried to downplay the others's importance in the band's success. He didn't say that Slash was a cancer, a few weeks after Slash's mom died of cancer. He wasn't the one who questioned if Slash can play anymore. He is not the one who hides what happened, cause he 'doesn't wanna hurt anyone', yet he dishes the other with hateful comments.
He really showed in the last 15 years how this band can be run properly. He proved he had a vision the others didn't let happen.

Yeah, it's Slash to blame. He started it. He dared to become as recognizable member of GN'R, as Axl. Evil fucker. He'd really have to go before the UYIs. He kinda ruined it. Imagine how NR or Estranged could sound without him. Not to mention Locomotive, Civil War or Coma.

Amen!  Axl is the victim in this thing.  Everybody's out to get him but they won't catch him.  I mean look at how everybody in the music bizz did everything to prevent he release of CD.  And their site, even the MLB are doing everything to make this site like shit.  Whenever I think of Axl tears start coming out of my eyes cause I think he is one of the most victimized people in the world.  And all you people who believe otherwise should be raped.  And of course I am totally sarcastic and not serious in this post before some of you start flaming me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

LOL...although to be fair...I think every member of GNR back in the day was hard to deal with....Axl has his rage and so on, Slash was an uber-junkie, Steven was worse, And then Izzy can't be around users once he's clean, Duff wasn't sober for 10 years.

I'm sure Axl should take a share of the blame for the aformentioned issues, but let's not forget there's no saints in this band.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

face it dudes, it was lightening in a bottle and everything else from now on will be just shades of the true potential they squandered.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Amen!  Axl is the victim in this thing.  Everybody's out to get him but they won't catch him.  I mean look at how everybody in the music bizz did everything to prevent he release of CD.  And their site, even the MLB are doing everything to make this site like shit.  Whenever I think of Axl tears start coming out of my eyes cause I think he is one of the most victimized people in the world.  And all you people who believe otherwise should be raped.  And of course I am totally sarcastic and not serious in this post before some of you start flaming me.

I don't think anyone has ever said Axl was a saint.  Obviously he brought much of the wrath he receives on himself.  I was just pointing out why he doesn't hold Slash in very high regards these days.

And I agree with Russ and Intercourse.  GNR was an explosive band that came around at the perfect time.  They were never meant to last long.  We're lucky we got as much material out of them as we did and that they're still all alive today to talk about it and still making music in their own ways to boot.  While I'd love to see them all kiss and make up and have a reunion for the ages, there's no way they could catch lightning in a bottle a second time.  It just wouldn't be the same.

Sky Dog wrote:

not even close to the same....Like Tommy said about the Replacements reuniting....why do we want to ruin the legend? Why do we want to suck in stereo?

ppp

ppp wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl didn't know Slash's more had cancer, that was confirmed by slash's own friend Marc Canter.

No one said Axl was a saint. But to say he was the only one who did anything wrong is crazy. I guess if we are going to make a list of what each did wrong, we could start with Slash refusing to accept Izzy sobriety and attempt not to do drugs in front of him. Slash gave him the rights to the name, as did Duff. And Slash totally dissed Axl in the late 90s with comments that were pretty bad and it's well known he talked behind his back to people. The insane clown posse spoke about that.

And of course there's the being high and drunk all the time, which made them incapable of running the band or probably even having an role in it.

Plus the insane amounts of of lawsuits he's filed, some of the obvious lies he told in his book, his ever-changing stories. I wouldn't call him an innocent victim in all this by any means.

And of course there's the being high and drunk Ll the time

Board footer