You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

ppp wrote:

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it refers to both Duff and GNR so I wasn't sure which one to put it in.

FunkyMonkey at htgth typed it up.

DUFF McKAGAN SAYS TAKING STAGE WITH GUNS N' ROSES WAS "MEANT TO HAPPEN"

ArtisanNewsService | February 22, 2011

"I almost wish that getting on stage part didn't happen...for me the most important part of that chance meeting that our hotel rooms were right next door to each other.  Great, it was meant to happen, it was meant to happen for us to finally connect again.  What happened when we connect is a private matter -- but I'm glad it happened.

It almost, I wish it was like on an off night they weren't playing, because people were like oh you played does that mean a reunion -- no, it doesn't mean any of that.  I went to the gig with him, I was so jet lagged and on so much energy drink it was all sort of surreal at that point.  I should be in bed right now ya know, I have a meeting at 8 in the morning -- what am I doing here?  And all the sudden there is a bass in my hands -- what, am I going to play?  You Could Be Mine...I haven't played this song since 1993, sh*t how does this song go.  That part was fun -- I'm glad it happened.  But the way more important thing was, there was a sense to me that it was meant to happen."

Video interview with Duff here:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Duff, but that spontaneous on stage thing is called "rock n' roll". That's how it goes.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

He's talking about a reunion with Axl off stage where they managed to find that common ground or whatever.

And to me that's the best reunion they can have atm, where they do get some form of closure and a new chapter can be opened, whatever that is

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Slash will be next, Duff will be the peace broker.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I think so too, I always thought it was gonna be Izzy.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I wonder if Axl and Duff have had any contact since then. I hope this wasn't just a one time thing like Gilby and they don't speak again for 10 years.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought they were text-friends, plus GNR's Twitter did wish Duff a happy birthday, I thought.

That's always a good sign when an official source identifies the guy's existence.

I was hoping it wouldn't be like Izzy. All these good vibrations, then in a year it's back to the same old same old.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I get the feeling the lack of Izzy is Izzy's own doing though. Steven Adler has said recently that he has tried to get in touch with him and can't. I think he just wants to be left alone. Probably is afraid he'll end up back on drugs if he goes down that road again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I was hoping it wouldn't be like Izzy. All these good vibrations, then in a year it's back to the same old same old.

There really wasn't any promise that it would be anything other than the same type of Izzy situation. It usually just gets people thinking Slash can't be far behind, just like they said with Izzy, then it doesn't and... Well, people get pissed off that it didn't.

You know, I've been looking for this GN'R MTV documentary they played the day they show the Ritz showed. It was like a GNR day. I watched it that one time and never saw it again. I found it on youtube. Still very cool.

I hadn't seen it since 1988. The one part that's always stuck out to me was Axl talking about Izzy; his go karts, the AK47 and all his neighbors moving away. What a time trip. big_smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

No offence but I'm not so sure about the bridge to slash theory.

To me this just means Duff is eazy going enough to be able to see Axl and not make trouble over the key issues.

Board footer