You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Duff McKagan Says Taking Stage With Guns N' Roses Was Meant To Happen

buzzsaw wrote:

Liking Axl the musician doesn't require you to like all of the business decisions he's made.  Liking Axl the musician doesn't require you to like all of the music he makes. 

The same thing goes for me with Slash.  While I prefer VR to the new band, I'm not a huge fan, nor have I seen them live.  Same with his solo album.  It's okay, but I rank it new band<solo Slash<VR<AFD<<<<<UYI. 

To me, the difference is that Slash isn't pretending to be something he isn't.  I would not like him parading around as GnR ny more than I like Axl doing it.  If Axl was touring as a true solo act, I would not be as anti-Axl as I am.  In many ways, I don't even mind that as much as I used to since it has little to no affect on the legacy of the band I love.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Axl's a dickhead and I probably wouldn't give him a glass of water if he were dying of thirst in the middle of a desert, but I like the music he makes--mostly.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
ppp wrote:

I have to say something. Please don't take it the wrong way.

If you guys really feel that way about Axl, why do you bother with Guns N Roses anymore? That's a serious question, not a diss. Not trying to attack anyone or fight with anyone. I'm just legitimately curious, because if I felt all those things about Axl (and seeing as he's the only original member left) I'd probably not bother with GNR at all. I'd most likely be looking for a Slash/VR/Loaded or similar site or forum.

I never understand the logic of points of views like yours.
You can be a fan of someones music but not a fan of the person. You dont have to agree or like everything someone does just to be a fan.

Just take most gnr fans who dont post on these boards.
They all love AFD but think axl is a dickhead, another good example is oasis and liam.  Oasis fans love the music but hate liam, its the same thing.

If you want a place that is all sunshine and dandylions there is a place for you, and that place is Jarmos, 99% of the people there are kiss asses and if that is your thing then go read that board. I am not saying you shouldnt be posting here because  your opinion is welcome, what I mean is dont compalin about people that are not kissing Axls ass 24/7.

This board and gnfnr board allow people to speak their dislike for things that Axl or any other band member does, it does not mean we/they are not fans, it just means they are fed up with the BS.

I mean seriously, lets say Gnr tours again this year, you really think its ok to call it the chinese democracy tour when we have been having the chinese democracy tour since 2002??

ppp

ppp wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
ppp wrote:

If you guys really feel that way about Axl, why do you bother with Guns N Roses anymore? That's a serious question, not a diss. Not trying to attack anyone or fight with anyone. I'm just legitimately curious, because if I felt all those things about Axl (and seeing as he's the only original member left) I'd probably not bother with GNR at all. I'd most likely be looking for a Slash/VR/Loaded or similar site or forum.

You can be a fan of someones music but not a fan of the person. You dont have to agree or like everything someone does just to be a fan.

They all love AFD but think axl is a dickhead, another good example is oasis and liam.  Oasis fans love the music but hate liam, its the same thing.

If you want a place that is all sunshine and dandylions there is a place for you, and that place is Jarmos, 99% of the people there are kiss asses and if that is your thing then go read that board.

This board and gnfnr board allow people to speak their dislike for things that Axl or any other band member does, it does not mean we/they are not fans, it just means they are fed up with the BS.

I mean seriously, lets say Gnr tours again this year, you really think its ok to call it the chinese democracy tour when we have been having the chinese democracy tour since 2002??

No, BBA. Those are your feelings and you create many accounts on many boards so people will think that every GNR thinks like you do. But they don't. And no matter how many accounts you create, you don't dominate the GNR world.

A person can like Axl as a person and not be an ass kisser. Most of us are not. There are other points of view besides just your narrow-minded one.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

*Whispers to ppp*  shhh dont get dave started again!

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
ppp wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
ppp wrote:

If you want a place that is all sunshine and dandylions there is a place for you, and that place is Jarmos, 99% of the people there are kiss asses and if that is your thing then go read that board.

No, BBA. Those are your feelings and you create many accounts on many boards so people will think that every GNR thinks like you do. But they don't. And no matter how many accounts you create, you don't dominate the GNR world.

A person can like Axl as a person and not be an ass kisser. Most of us are not. There are other points of view besides just your narrow-minded one.

I am not BBA, and anyone on this board can verify this.

Here is the thing, the fact is most gnr fans think the way we do, the only gnr fans that dont are the ones of the message boards.

I have a ton of friends who are gnr fans and most think Axl is a dickhead and ruined guns n roses. 

As for liking Axl Rose as a person, what is there to like?

Is it that he appears to be a racist? or that he beats women?
or that he seems to alienate anyone that joins his bands? or his disrepect over anyone that does not agree with him? Do i really need to go on?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
jamester wrote:

Yeah I dont want to make him look like a fool when I hand his ass to him in this debate.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Axl's a racist now?  Sweet.  Taking those words to One In A Million a little too literally don't you think?

ppp

ppp wrote:
jamester wrote:

It's ok. I put him on my ignore list. I do it for every board he posts on.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a country fuck from Indiana (where many from there think they are a southern state), so he was probably around a lot of racist hicks as a kid.

Board footer